4th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ....

48Dodger

The BBq is on again this year...looking for a date and any ideas for the event. I'm inviting local truck clubs and reminding the cars guys that they are always invited too.:)

100_2469.jpg

I was asked to look at Sutter Creeks 1939 Dodge Fire truck (original to the city) and see about restoring it. I recomended keeping it original as possible. Its in incredible shape! they plan on bringing the rig to the show as well, and (if possible) their 1934 Dodge Fire Truck too.

securedownload.jpg

With all the resto's that are nearing completion, I hope our BBQ is on the list of destinations! Small Block Junkie comes to mind.....:D

dodge20112019201020014.jpg

I also know a few of our members have had to part with thier trucks this past year. A tough deal I know. But this is a good chance to remind us all its the members, the people, that make this a great site. I hope even if you no longer have a truck, you still can hang out with us and share the fun. Mike from Nevada: He had to sell his beautiful 50 to make room for other projects. He has been at every BBQ, and I hope he makes it the this one too!

2009TailgateBBQ007.jpg

Edited by 48dodger

New for this year, I have the Bonneville Truck to share at the show as well as a 1955 Dodge 1.5 ton that should be driveable.

_MG_4299.jpg

IMG_2835Large.jpg

And of course the B-1-BQ will be in full operation.:cool:

_MG_2055_Large_.jpg

000_0577.jpg

Hope all can make it again this year!!!

48Dodger

http://www.youtube.com/user/194853DodgeTrucks#p/a/u/0/nzSx-IrtOv4

100_4500.jpg

2009TailgateBBQ019.jpg

72dodgeremix.jpg

Cool...:D

In the past we've welcomed 70's era Mopar.

Cliff's 71 Duster

Jason's 70 Charger

My 72 Charger

A Challenger in the show would be awesome.:cool:

48D

• 2 weeks later...

It's Offical.....April 9th, 2011.

Hope everyone can make it! Remember, your truck/car doesn't have to be finished to be there. It's a Tailgate BBq, so bring your own stuff to cook or use our stuff...its always a good time. :D

48D

April 9 works for me. Sent my motor out on Monday to the machine shop: .060 over, mild cam, balanced... It'll run a two BB on a stock intake from a mid-50's MOPAR with Fenton exhaust headers, dual Smitty's and probably go back to 12V. That way if I finally get tired of the 100+ degree heat around here I can install air conditioning... Hope to have this all back together by the BBQ (I may ask for your help Tim...).

• 1 month later...

Time to bump this back to the top!

The weather is great today! My apologies to my midwest and eastern brothers.....

Doing some road repair and cosmedic work to the place this weekend. Hoping to have a good jump on the annual clean-up around here.

I'm grooming my 1/8 mile racetrack as well so if someone want to test drive the booneville truck...they can! Just keep it under 150 mph.....:D

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=38.145754,-121.061474&spn=0.001536,0.003422&t=h&z=19

Hope everyone can makeit!!! 48D

April 9th, 2011 show up at 9am....eat when you want!

Tim, As per our phone conversation a few weeks ago, mine won't be in running condition by then, but the truck and I (and the wife) will be at next years bbq fer shure. I am working hard to have it running and driveable by the first weekend in May for a car show a few miles away from me. I hope to drive it thru the summer and shake out the bugs, tear her down in the winter and paint it. you guys have a blast this year.... I will shake things up next year...:D Bud

No problem Tom...I'll come by and pick the truck up again and an order of those wicked awesome stuffed burgers you make...I'll take two!:D

48D

Totally! Its the 230 motor, correct? Are we puttin dual carbs or the single b&b form the 218? We'll take some video and post it on the the Youtube site. lol. :D

48D

Totally! Its the 230 motor, correct? Are we puttin dual carbs or the single b&b form the 218? We'll take some video and post it on the the Youtube site. lol. :D

48D

:)Its the 230. Its been bored .060 over and balanced. Mild cam. It'll have a 2BB Stromberg and manifold from a 50's car and cast iron Fenton headers.:)

• 1 month later...

Stopped by and saw Jim's 230 and his garage in action....even got on the floor and looked underneth his B2B....very clean ride!

I also stopped in on Bryan who's using a frame I modified for him so he could use a 94 Thunderbird IRS and Diplomat front end. He put a 2006 Dodge Hemi in his B1B, and boy does it look great!

Next stop is Tom's house to see if his son needs a tow to the BBQ. They've been working on a B3B together for the last year and a half I think. From what I hear its close, but not there yet.

My brother bought a B2B a few months ago. We stripped the ghetto off it...dusted some primer on it for the BBQ. The real work will begin this spring. It'll be "close to original"...using a 230 motor I got from Reg to push it along.

Its only a few weeks away and it sounds like the regulars are gonna make it. I hope this is the biggest turn out yet! Its always fun hanging out with guys who know these trucks...its a great way to spend the day!:D

48D

I'm coming this year and looking forward to meeting everyone. It will be my first Pilot-House BBQ. I'll be trailoring my truck in from Sonoma County. It runs great, just don't want to make the 3+ hour drive in the '48.

The rain has been reeking major havoc on our baseball season so for, so hopefully we don't have any makeups that day.

Hello,

I am a new member, when is the bbq? My Dad's 53 Pilot House is being shipped to me as we speak, very excited. It has lived the last 30+ years sitting in a barn in Arkansas. Looking forward to bringing it back to life. Will be asking for help and advice soon. Tnx Boss Hog Valley Springs, CA

It's Saturday - April 9th.

Here's some basic info:

http://dodgepilothouseclub.org/clements/

This will be a great place to get help and advice. And meet some people nearby.

Love to have ya!

Hello,

I am a new member, when is the bbq? My Dad's 53 Pilot House is being shipped to me as we speak, very excited. It has lived the last 30+ years sitting in a barn in Arkansas. Looking forward to bringing it back to life. Will be asking for help and advice soon. Tnx Boss Hog Valley Springs, CA