Show your tools.

Don Coatney

Time for fessin' up. Not my stuff. My son bought out a tool rental place and showed me large stock feeding pans, about 30 gallons each, full of rental tools. These are just some of the duplicates he sorted out. He must have gotten a half ton of metal all together.

• Like 1

TOOLBOX ARSENAL: 

I found this guide and the corresponding gauge on eBay back in '99...I used the information to calculate the cutting face width on my mower blades to maintain the correct cutting angle, making a disposable gauge rather than wear out the pristine aluminum gauge that came with this guide...as a consequence, the mower blades I sharpen for folks are easy to maintain :cool:

large.smGrindingGauge.jpg.04d0e4cd3dae8fe730869dd049218f95.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
revised picture
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

I use this tool to spread my leaf springs so that I can apply grease between the leaves . I use a needle fitting on my grease gun to get into the gap . I grease only my oldest springs as spring steel 5160  was introduced sometime in the 1950 ' s and that steel doesn't get along with petroleum products . This tool was probably made in the horse and buggy days . 

IMG_8404.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Conn47D24 said:

These coat  hangers have come in handy painting so many parts. Especially with Por-15. Simple.

20170315_162355.jpg

Is that your gas line you're hanging that stuff from? Must be a code violation somewhere. Hahahaha.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 50 coupe said:

Is that your gas line you're hanging that stuff from? Must be a code violation somewhere. Hahahaha.

Ha I hang mine from electrical conduit in the garage. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Where I work they get rid of some good stuff from time to time. They give me this industrial box yesterday. One drawer needs a little work, it's a really heavy duty box. 61inch tall by 28 deep by 45 wide. It will allow me to get rid of 3 or 4 smaller boxes while adding more storage.

0325171608.jpg

• Like 3

I hadn't really looked to find the name. There's a rough box there I'm going to swap out locks with as this one didn't have a key and the other did. The only problem I have now is getting it out of my truck and in the basement. I was up late last night building a ramp to get it out with. Got it done about midnight, but I wasn't strong enough to rock it back on the dolly to roll it out. I prob shouldn't even have tried this, it's just too big to move by one man. Sometimes I don't ask for help when it would be best if I did. Got a couple buddy's coming over later to help. I hope they don't laugh at my cobbled together ramp, my woodworking skills suck.

those are very nice cabinets, I am envious, always wanted a couple of these....in the electronic shop where I worked, there were probably no less than 250 of these things chucked full of small electronic replacement parts that was stocked daily...the one you have is spitting image for our Stanley Vidmar line of boxes....

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

6 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

those are very nice cabinets, I am envious, always wanted a couple of these....in the electronic shop where I worked, there were probably no less than 250 of these things chucked full of small electronic replacement parts that was stocked daily...the one you have is spitting image for our Stanley Vidmar line of boxes....

Yea I looked 'em up on EBAy , looks just like it.  Got it unloaded, that was a butt puckering adventure. Even with the drawers out this thing is really heavy. Found the problem with the one drawer, their was an allen wrench stuck in the track. Been tryn to clean it up a bit. This thing will really help me get more organized. 

• 1 month later...

while I admit these are not top of the line but for the average man on the street and the few times he will truly have a need for these...I suspect they will do fine.  My neighbor had a friend giving these away, he immediately thought of me and donated these to the cause.....(cause there is no such thing as too many tools)

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

I went to a swap meet at the Comcast center in Mansfield last Sunday.  It was a two day event and I should have gone Saturday. When I got there at 9:30 am, half of the vendor spots were empty. Apparently some vendors just didn't show up on Sunday. It was a huge event, but apart from some front end sheet metal parts for a 1950 Desoto, and a very tired 1940 Dodge sedan, it was very slim pickings for old Mopar parts.

i did find these two meters. One on the right was new in a box with instructions. It works great. I think that it is from the early sixties.  The other one is older. It looks like it should work, but I have not tried it yet.

IMG_0244.JPG

• Like 2

Hi Busycoupe - I was at Comcast on Saturday, and there were many more empty vendor spots than I'd had ever seen on a nice day then, too.  Still a good way to start the season in New England.   Someone I know was selling off some of her late husband's odds and ends from the garage, and I spotted a little orange toolbox with two AAMCO 1750 gages inside.  They didn't sell, but I'm considering it - to those in the know, are all the parts there?IMG_5421.JPG.d5f1ff5f2c354646a08c9641463682cf.JPGIMG_5423.JPG.5299bd2e6db823230d724b1a80fc4453.JPGIMG_5422.JPG.57a9f15c7c1213eae92370bdc5e439fc.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I went to a yard sale this morning and this Foredom tool followed me home. It came with jars of bits and sandpaper drums. I tested it and it works I'm not sure how old it is, but someone engraved their name and 10/71on the side of the motor.  I have no immediate use for it, but I'm sure that I'll be glad that I have it when the need arrises. 

image.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, busycoupe said:

I went to a yard sale this morning and this Foredom tool followed me home. It came with jars of bits and sandpaper drums. I tested it and it works I'm not sure how old it is, but someone engraved their name and 10/71on the side of the motor.  I have no immediate use for it, but I'm sure that I'll be glad that I have it when the need arrises. 

Cool find. Forerunner of the Dremel.