OT Boo Birds? Really? OT So Long

jd52cranbrook

Been thinking about this for awhile, and not real sure if I can get this down correctly as yet, but here goes.

I am glad the "select few, or more" have enjoyed the status of Boo Bird. I am all for fun n games, I even have some of my own. I even don't mind if the so called "founding member" has taken every opportunity to poke jabs in my direction since those two famous words were posted, by me I might add.

But, I have grown tiresome of it to be honest, and so I would guess my participation on here will end soon. Either by being banned, (not without have my say once at least, unless this post gets deleted), or just walking away.

So I have a few things to say to the birds, then all the birds, or wanna be birds (add that to your signature), can have theirs.

Don, Crankshaft (?) Coatney; Should be Don, 'my way or the highway" Coatney.

You have driven away more than several members who no longer post on here, or who wont post at all. All because you harassed them for not doing it your way.

You have been on my case, albeit subtle, since I didn't have my cam ground the way yours was. In fact, ANYBODY who does not do his or her project your way is just plain wrong, and you take it upon yourself to discredit them.

Your a wanna be friggen dictator. I have tons more, but I try to positive in my post, however so hard to do when describing your bullish tactics.

You hide behind the facade of what is for the good of the forum, yet in reality it's all about you.

I could go on, but I am aware even this will get deleted. I am hoping you can get my drift.

Tim Adams

Your probably the most informative person I have met concerning these cars. Although I must say on some posts I have to read, read again, and yet once again, to figure out exactly what your saying sometimes. And I would not be surprised if you were the most respected poster on here. I have benefited many times for you post, im, and email, for that I thank you.

But I do not think you realize how much weight you opinion carries, I can only say for sure on me, but I suspect many many more. I don't see you in this group of Boo Birds, maybe it's your way of poking fun, or I'm just wrong and you do. But, also IMO, you have a responsibility, albeit possibly unwanted, to post both pros and cons, not just negative as Don thrives on when dealing with a individual. But if you feel I am wrong, and you want to discredit me too, well I can live with that. But you, and a few others genuinely are out to promote our cars and hobby.

Frankie, Little Ed

I really don't know you both that well. Please read on; I think our debates were just that, difference of opinion, and for the most part not cutting or mean in nature.

To everyone;

I think for the most part I have been a positive poster here. I have brought some new ideas maybe even, and in general I think a pretty fair guy. Obviously to some I have not been that way, I guess I rubbed them the wrong way. I am not sorry for that. But if I did offend someone indirectly, I do apologize for that. I feel it is a cowardly act to not confront something or someone directly. Which I feel has been happening here.

It is still beyond me how someone can magically wave their hand across the computer screen in a manner of seconds and determine is something is good or bad.

I find it offensive to attack someone for trying to make a few bucks selling something. Even if that person does not know the going price, or has another's knowledge of exactly what is being sold. To put somebody down for that is childish. If you don't like something, don't buy it.

If you have something to say to me, say it. I have asked several members in IM questions concerning what they meant. I hate backstabbers.

Guess I should end this. (some would say rant)

So, if I leave, or get banned for stating my opinion, that's fine.

Don, you may be able to list another driven out of here. That's what you should have in your signature, not a saying you didn't have the intelligence to think of yourself. Founding member? :rolleyes:

Many a good person left because of you, and many a good person won't participate in this forum because of you. Put that in your signature.

JD I honestly don't care for the boo bird thing myself. As far as us discussing values of cars forsale I dont think its wrong. However I would never do it for a car a member of here was trying to sell. Thats between him and his customers. But third party I say have at it. You may not agree with that and thats ok. One last thing-its young Ed not little Ed :D

I haven't been reading or posting to this forum for a while because I have been busy doing other things. I hadn't even heard of boo birds,and am still not really sure what they are.

Having said that,why let somebody run you off? There are lot of really good posters on this forum. In fact, while I was posting here before I considered this both the friendliest and most informative car forum I have ever found.

Stick around and be one of the good guys. Just ignore Don or anybody else that has you steamed. If anybody starts stalking you and starting flame wars,complain publicly to management on the board and ask to have it stopped.

John, thanks in your belief in me..I do not discredit you for stating your thoughts here, as a member you can share your opinion and thoughts any time..I do not think anyone is poking fun at you personally, to be honest with you, the boo bird phrase is the funniest thing I have heard on this forum since the driveway jokes ended with the passing of Norm Coupe

stick around..get a cup of coffee, sit back and enjoy the ride..

man, i do miss the driveway jokes and Norm's color glasses...and most of all Norm.

with that said, i find it funny to see the boo birds. i imagine matching jackets and coordianted dance moves. but i mean no disrespect.

I still think this forum is the most mellow down to earth that i commonly visit.

i remember one thread about a starter and a fuel filter that went 10 pages long and it was funny but it ran people off the board. i dont know if thats the best way to go...

cant we all just work it out? :)

jd52cranbrook, I hope you do not leave the forum. You have posted lots of great information and to me come across as a very reasonable guy. A while back I quit posting on this forum because I got tired of all the posts about rodding cars. I went to a few other forums but the traffic on them is not 1/20 of what you get here and nowhere near as entertaining. Like you, I have forum members that I am on very good terms with and PM back and forth quite a bit. I also find some forum members set in their ways or they just rub me the wrong way. Now that I am back on the forum I have just decided to ignore posts dealing with rodding cars and to ignore those members I find difficult to take. There are not many but a few. Stick around, use the ignore list feature, and continue to post on the best forum around. As mentioned, I looked elsewhere and I found nothing to compare to P15-D24!

Edited by RobertKB

jd52cranbrook,

Excellent,Excellent post!

Bob

JD;

I guess you are still upset that you could not join in on the big race even though that was something that was started long before you joined the forum.

The drift I get is you dont like me and I dont have a problem with that but apparently you do have a problem with that. As I have said before add me to your ignore list and then you will not have to read my postings.

I really dont care how your cam is ground but when the cam grinding question comes up I will tell forum members what works for me and you are welcome to do the same for what works for you.

I do not see anything wrong with you or anyone else stating there thoughts on issues up for discussion. But if people do not see things your way you are the one that gets upset.

I come here to get questions answered and you can see by the small amount of posts I have , I haven't asked or answered that many questions.I have had disagreements about some things, but I have found that everyone has their own opinion and are free to say what they want.

I don't know anything about this "boo bird" issue but I think JD, you maybe are taking this way too serious. I have seen your posts and you are a contributing member who I and I bet many more respect. Please rethink leaving .....you still have many more good answers to give.

JD, It would be sad to have you are anyone leave these forums. We all have different ways of dealing with our old car hobbies. I appreciate your opinions and posted information on here even if I disagree or agree with it. I try to post information as to how I have done or plan to do on my old cars, in hope that others may learn a different way to improve on their project. If they disagree, that is fine with me.

RobertKB, I am glad you are still on these forums. I understand a little of your thoughts on rodding. I bought two 38 Coupes 24 years ago. One will be rodded from left over parts. I figure rodding it is better than sending it to the crusher. Everyone have a good day............Bob,,,,,,,,:)

man, i do miss the driveway jokes and Norm's color glasses...and most of all Norm.

i remember one thread about a starter and a fuel filter that went 10 pages long and it was funny but it ran people off the board. i dont know if thats the best way to go...

cant we all just work it out? :)

How about a thread on Model Cars? Even I found a bit of humor in that

JD, I urge you to reconsider, ditching this forum.

As Rob KB stated, most other forums have very little traffic, are dull and have no dialoque between members.

I have learned so much on here, and hope to pass this on to new members, a few Members have been a wealth of information to me, some have been a affirmation, of what I do notwant this forum to become.

I would say JD, take what you can use, and leave the rest, some folks cannot or will not change, it is the way they are, but we can ignore list them, or just not bother with them period.

Last week, I made an off hand joke on a thread, no doubt some of the memebers found this funny, but I am sure lots found it distasteful, I deleted it, apologized and moved forward.

Yes there will those we don't individually car for, that is life, and so be it, this would be the same for any community organization, work site, "group", gonna find people we don't mesh with everywhere.

Hope you decide to stay, like some others have mentions Norm's Coupe is gone, but not forgotten, anyone have a driveway joke to share..........

well, its no joke none of my cars have left the driveway...the insurance companies are making money risk free, the petrol dealers are not "maximizing" their profit potential,..the local tax agent is getting his fair share, DMV gets their money either way... I could care less as I have other fish to fry so to speak...maybe something is wrong with me..driving them is just not as much fun as working on them...Halloween will make it one year since the one car has rolled out of the shop...at least the Plymouth got out in the yard one time..

C'mon guys.

We're a big friendly 'flathead family' on here.

Kinda like 'The Waltons on wheels'.

We all share the good times and the bad, the successes and the failures, and the hopes and the despair of old car ownership.

And, just like a real family, we cross each other, occasionally say things we don't really mean, or misinterpret things others have said.

I still say this is one of the friendliest Forums you'll find, and one that shares a wealth of invaluable information, advice and encouragement.

Nothing's perfect... but P15-D24.com comes close.

There. I feel better now.

Goodnight, John Boy!

I read this over a few times, but I still cant find what is a "boo bird"?

Well Ty, best I can tell a "boo bird" is pretty much same as a "nay sayer"

or a "critic".

###revised after Tim's later post......boo bird is a local fan who

boos the local sports team at a game

I guess they are inclined to say negative things about old cars of others,

typically found for sale on ebay. (i.e. they don't like the way certain

things were done, don't like the color, nor the interior, and perhaps feel

the price is too high given the condition or quality level of the car.)

Then, once the "boo bird" voices his opinion, viewers of that opinion are

inclined to (a) agree (B) disagree © feel it's none of their "d*mn business"

and they are overstepping their bounds --as sellers are entitled to say or

describe things the best way they can (even if not historically or technically

correct.)

In summary, the comments by our local "boo birds" result in no changes

in how things get done on ebay by sellers. But they do "ruffle the

feathers" of some members who take exception to their remarks.

P.S. I don't believe any of the proclaimed or closet "boo birds" really

intend to make anyone mad or unhappy, and wish to depart from the

forum.

***my best interpretation as I could not find a listing for this topic

in the wikipedia****:)

Edited by BobT-47P15

Bob..as you are from Missouri..(show me state)...here is the definition off the internet....

boo birds (boo burds) noun. Fans who boo the home team when the team loses or is playing badly.

http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/2006/03/word-of-day-boo-birds.html

and in your comment that it does not change the way business is done..the liberties taken in some ad are to liberal...the posting of corrections serves not only to point out the obvious to the old guys but keep in mind we have so many people here new to these old Mopars and often to the hobby intself..without the truth posted..the misinformation will spread like wildfire...

and this nitpicking practice is not new on this forum by the way..only the "boo bird" catch phrase is new...and anyone that attends business meeting know there are new catch words weekly..stay out of the loop, date yourself...

Edited by Tim Adams

Tim---I certainly did not find that info, Not being a big sports fan, I

didn't think of that application.

I agree that there is often great mis-use of terms by ebay sellers, but they

normally will never see our comments and corrections. And likely

might care less what we think.

However, yes, hopefully our remarks will be of some value in informing

younger (and even older) people regarding these old cars that may have

been built prior to their date of birth. Thanks for your input.

Edited by BobT-47P15

jd52cranbrook, and others, I do hope everyone sticks around. In my experience this forum is a relatively civil place and has certainly been helpful and entertaining to me. There can't be many/any gatherings — in person or on-line — of several dozen active members of any common interest without personality clashes and friction between some of them. Our local Antique Car Club comes to mind.

In (only) my opinion, the criticism here of E-bay/Kijiji/Craigs adverts causes no particular harm, can be entertaining and is very often educational. The criticism of another poster's comments/opinions is a harder to take and we should strive to make our points objectively and not in an inflammatory manner.

I regret I may have chased away poster Adam H P15 D30 several weeks ago by responding to his post too emphatically — while I feel strongly about the issue it could have been handled more tactfully! http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=23327