Decent Price For a Convertible?

gillettealvin

..the convertible may be worth a closer inspection for those interested :)

Wow.

Looks like a very decent car for the money.

Windshield wiper towers will be hard to find, so it's worth checking if the seller has those parts.

Also looks like it has no rear bumper and I can't see the 'TOP' knob on the right of the dash.

Could still be a great bargain, though.

Good eye, Robin.

I enlarged the pics and can't see those items either.

As we both know, they are very hard to find.

The interior is nice.

Did you notice there are "twin" radio antennas.....a thing done in

the old days when having "dual" or "twin" things was cool.

Also has swan neck mirrors and rear fender chrome gravel guards.

If I had the play money, I'd grab it and worry about that stuff later.

as we all know, the convertible is extremely rust prone in the floors..even if its a good jumping in price..could be lots of stuff needed to get it back up to speed...would not recommend this to a prospective buyer who has to send out for repairs due to no time, space, tools etc...if solid as is...jump in and drive..

did anyone bother to follow his link to the coupe build...check out the instrument panel...

..the convertible may be worth a closer inspection for those interested :)

Man, almost spit out my coffee on that one. :) Very very true words.

It does say obo, for someone interested certainly be worth a up close and personal look. From what I understand the top may not be road worthy? So that's some bucks.someone tried to patch it awhile ago.

A good inspection would reveal lots.

My last three cars were topless. Something to be said for cruising (not in the hot sun), on a cool evening with the top down.

Convertibles certainly add to the maintenance procedure. Keeping them dry inside, especially the trunk is a big issue. Luckily all mine were OK, I tend to like my cars to look good, so I was pretty anal about detail stuff.

Only issue I had was a Le Baron that had drain hoses going from the top's rear window thru the trunk and out below. For some reason they were short, and sometimes ended inside the trunk.

With wind, I have yet to see a convertible be free of wind noise. Although I would guess the newer ones are better. I didn't mind it, for me having the top down and the wind blowing through my hair, (or hairless head nowadays) was worth any minor inconveniences.

Good upkeep will get you though everytime. Problem is now finding a old one that has not been left out for long periods with no cover.

After thinking more, if I add sport cars to the mix, I have had 7. You would be surprised how much scenery you miss in a hard top while traveling.

Edited by jd52cranbrook

Then there's the guy who, a few years ago, bought a pretty nice original

P15 convertible, installed a front clip, a V8, and other mods, then put it

up for sale because he said it had too much wind noise at 75 or 80 mph.

Well, duuuhh.

Then there's the guy who, a few years ago, bought a pretty nice original

P15 convertible, installed a front clip, a V8, and other mods, then put it

up for sale because he said it had too much wind noise at 75 or 80 mph.

Well, duuuhh.

Any body concerned a bout wind noise in a convertible shouldn't be buying one. I have loved every convertible that I have ever ridden in, even the beat up '62 Chevy that my dad bought cheap to resell, and the VW Super Beetle that my dad took me for a test drive in.

The wife hit a deer this spring w/ our '92 LeBaron so we are with out for now. Some time in the future, we will probably have an other convertible, esp. if we move out of North Central Missouri. It seems like in the summer, it stops raining just long enough for the standing water in the ditches to go a way, and then it rains a gain.

Right on, Bill.

I told the Mrs that we should buy that car, fly out to CA, and drive

it on the Coast Highway......then drive it on a leisurely trip home.

She thought it might be fun, but..........wasn't too sure about the

trip back to MO. So I guess my idea won't work.:(

DAMN! I want that car so bad I hurt. I'd rather have a nice original car that runs and drives than have a restored show queen.

The problem is most original cars are so rough you have to do a lot of restoration work to just preserve them and get them drivable.