Truck possibly for sale

Doug Smith lives in Sunderland, MA and wrote me with this email:

I would like to inform the group that very near my home a 1951 F-Model Pilothouse (B3F ?) is available for sale for cheap. It was running until several years ago when it was abandoned. I know the gentleman who now owns it and he is anxious to get it moved. It is in need of total restoration. I can supply more complete info if anyone is interested. It is located in west-central MA.

It has dual rear wheels, 230 flathead, and was altered years ago for construction work. It has a boom crane and winch on the flat bed. Everything was working as of 2000. Been sitting outside since. It is very accessable.

Anyone interested can contact me, dgsmith@bio.umass.edu. I suspect it

can be had for about $450.

We thank Doug for keeping his eyes open as he is not a pilothouse owner, but runs a 56 Power Wagon. If you are interested in this contact him.