The Great Hershey Road Trip begins...

bamfordsgarage

Can hardly wait until the adventure begins again, and travelling up north to Canada in February, is story making in the process.

Hope all goes well, we will of course follow your progress....

Thanks for asking.

We've moved up our departure by a month. My beloved is going to Nicaragua for two weeks in March and we've decided at least one of us ought to be here to help my 90-year old Mum with anything she might need. It was easier for Jerry and me to change our plans than for Michelle, who needs to book her time off well in advance.

We fly into Dulles this Friday afternoon. Chester B has kindly offered to pick us up Saturday AM and drive us out to Jim Yergin's place. Joe F and Rodney B are going to show up mid-morning and we'll have a little P15-D24 wake-up party for the old Dodge. With luck we'll be up and running without much trouble, have lunch nearby with the P-D gang, then hightail it south soon after. If there are other forum members nearby, I'm sure you would be welcome to join us for the wake-up and lunch.

We expect to be home in Edmonton around Feb 23. We have stops/visits planned in Hillsborough NC, Sumter SC, Lyons GA, Tallahassee FL, Mobile AL, Stennis MS, Nawlins LA, Brownsboro & Dallas TX, Route 66 OK City to Bristow OK, Manhattan KS, Pikes Peak & Loveland CO, Laramie WY, Deer Lodge and Helena MT, and Lethbridge AB. Google figures this route at about 4,800 miles. It would be nice to connect with a few Forum members en route if that works out.

Thanks Chris, will be looking forward to reading about your adventure and the meeting with Rodney, Jim, Joe and other members of the forum.

Good thing you guys are flying into Dullus on Friday, as we are suppose to get a major ice and snow event starting sometime tomorrow along the east coast.

Have a safe trip to both of you,

Bob

Thanks for asking.

We've moved up our departure by a month. My beloved is going to Nicaragua for two weeks in March and we've decided at least one of us ought to be here to help my 90-year old Mum with anything she might need. It was easier for Jerry and me to change our plans than for Michelle, who needs to book her time off well in advance.

We fly into Dulles this Friday afternoon. Chester B has kindly offered to pick us up Saturday AM and drive us out to Jim Yergin's place. Joe F and Rodney B are going to show up mid-morning and we'll have a little P15-D24 wake-up party for the old Dodge. With luck we'll be up and running without much trouble, have lunch nearby with the P-D gang, then hightail it south soon after. If there are other forum members nearby, I'm sure you would be welcome to join us for the wake-up and lunch.

We expect to be home in Edmonton around Feb 23. We have stops/visits planned in Hillsborough NC, Sumter SC, Lyons GA, Tallahassee FL, Mobile AL, Stennis MS, Nawlins LA, Brownsboro & Dallas TX, Route 66 OK City to Bristow OK, Manhattan KS, Pikes Peak & Loveland CO, Laramie WY, Deer Lodge and Helena MT, and Lethbridge AB. Google figures this route at about 4,800 miles. It would be nice to connect with a few Forum members en route if that works out.

When do y'all plan on being in Manhattan KS?

Hi Chris,

I hope the heater in your car works. It was 24 F this morning going to work. I would think you are going to hit some pretty cold weather through Montana and places north in mid February.

See you tomorrow at the Hotel. Safe flight.

Chet…

Jerry and I are at the Edmonton Airport now, waiting to board for Ottawa where we connect on to Dulles. Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow.

I'll start a new thread for our return trip, titled "The Long Road Home..."

Here's hoping for a grand adventure!

• 4 years later...

Just over four years later, I wanted to jump start this thread again, such good reading, that I thought maybe some new members might like to read it

I agree, and have been looking forward to Chris and Jerry's next adventure too.

I have not heard of any Bamford plans for another excursion as of late.

Do  not be surprised if this thread isn't moved to Off topic though Bob, this forum board is getting strict on section content as of late.

This board is not quite what it used to be, where everything was on the general forum.....just sayin

I agree, and have been looking forward to Chris and Jerry's next adventure too.

I have not heard of any Bamford plans for another excursion as of late.

Do  not be surprised if this thread isn't moved to Off topic though Bob, this forum board is getting strict on section content as of late.

This board is not quite what it used to be, where everything was on the general forum.....just sayin

As the roadtrip was behind the wheel of an on topic vehicle I don't believe this is off topic or that it will be moved.

• Like 2

. . . Do  not be surprised if this thread isn't moved to Off topic though Bob, this forum board is getting strict on section content as of late. . .

Seems to me that a road trip in an old flathead Mopar is more on topic than, for instance, discussion about insurance. :)

• Like 2

Seems to me that a road trip in an old flathead Mopar is more on topic than, for instance, discussion about insurance. :)

Yup, I agree, lets hope bamford does another excursion soon, so guys like me can live vicariously with there pleasure....

Edited by Fargos-Go-Far

• 5 months later...

Just take $100.00 bucks and you will be fine !! :D

Just take $100.00 bucks and you will be fine !! :D

That will not buy much at Hershey these days, so I guess if you only take a 100 dollars you can not get into to much trouble.  Add ten times that in your pocket and you will spend it..

If you have never been to Hershey take good walking shoes, It is cloudy here in eastern PA near Philadelphia today 10/1/15.  Also take rain gear with you. The entire swap meet is on paved parking lots and can get hard on your feet after walking all day on pavement. Do not concentrate on the Mopar vender but also look in the general venders.

Rich HArtung

Desoto1939@aol.com