Grill Bar question........

I removed the stainless grill bars off my 48 today and several of the bolts broke (even soaked them for a while with penenatrating fluid). What are my possibilities for fixing this. All I can see is drilling out the old studs and running a bolt through them. Which looks like a lot of fun. Any other ideas?

48WN

Howdy Mr. Wing,

Had the same problem myownself - drilled ourt the broken studs and went shopping at an auto body supply shop for chrome clips with studs and nuts. These go on the old mounting brackets. The thin clips hold them in place till you get the nuts started, and Yiola - you're in business! Works for me. LOL

Yeah I ended up drilling out the studs (8 of them) this afternoon and ran a bolt up from under the grill bar. Used some vaccum hose to hold the bolts in place and then reached under and held the bolt and pulled the hose off from the inside and put on the washers and nut. Your way seemed better. But it's done. Thanx for your input!

48WN