Dodge TRUCK WELTING

Guest Dodge Joe

Guest Dodge Joe

Did dodge truck use any fender welting on there trucks? Reason is I bought a Dodge pickup that had a frame off restore. There is no fender welting, and on the rear fenders (has fat fenders) there is a gap in two places. The manual shows a piece of rubber that went into that gap. Also the front fenders where just bolted back on with nothing between the fender and the body. Is that correct? If so what should be used there? Did they use any sealent between the body parts?

Anyone?

I believe the trucks use an anti squeek pad or pads instead of welting. On the front fenders of my 46 plymouth car, there were pieces of rubber about midway between the fender to cowl attaching bolts and betweent he fenders and the grill support. I made repacements from sheet rubber, about 2 inches by 3/4, and attached them with weatherstrip adhesive to the body. I believe in another discussion on the forum this was said to be true for the trucks. You might want to try the search feature on the general discussion part of the forum for welting or anti squeek as you key words.

• 3 weeks later...

FRONT FENDERS USE PLANE OLD FENDER WELT BETWEEN FENDER AND HOOD. THERE IS A BODY FILLER BETWEEN COWL AND REAR OF FENDER PART # 1097 571. FOR THE REAR FENDERS THEY LIST A ANTI SQUEAK PART # 313 O73 WHIICH I SUSPECT IS JUST PLANE OLD FENDER WELT. I HAVE PARTS BOOK FOR THIS TRUCK IF YOU NEED ANY PART #s AND IF YOU HAVE A FAX I CAN SEND PAGE PHOTOS. ROBERTS MOTOR PARTS SHOULD HAVE ALL YOUR WELTING AND BODY FILLER. LUCK

BILL