Fel Pro Headgasket ..?

p10plymouth

My 1940 201 P10 Plymouth had a leak coming from the rear ... Decided to take the head off and send it for a Head shave.. and checked out..

All worked out fine except The place I took my head arranged to get me a Head gasket he sent a Fel Pro 7564C

Problem is it has the extra water outlet on the end.. I called him and he says it the correct one .. Called Fel Pro and they said they ran in to this problem ..

Some guys would use it but he said Chrysler Numbers back in the day whee off for Plymouths.... He said to try 7256C (1937 Ply 214 engine)

I did check a picture on line and it looks like the one (7256C)..

I also had a another Parts supplier send me a Victor head gasket .. (In case it looks exactly the same)

My ? is has any one used the extra hole on a engine that did not use it and not have any problems with it?

Thanks ...DANiel

Is this an extra water passage hole for a more modern internal by-pass system, as opposed to a external by-pass water pump system?

Hopefully someone will chime in and state wehter this gasket can still be used, it would not be okay the other way around, where you would need an extra hole, for a water passage, and it was not punched out..........Fred

My 1940 201 P10 Plymouth had a leak coming from the rear ... Decided to take the head off and send it for a Head shave.. and checked out..

All worked out fine except The place I took my head arranged to get me a Head gasket he sent a Fel Pro 7564C

Problem is it has the extra water outlet on the end.. I called him and he says it the correct one .. Called Fel Pro and they said they ran in to this problem ..

Some guys would use it but he said Chrysler Numbers back in the day whee off for Plymouths.... He said to try 7256C (1937 Ply 214 engine)

I did check a picture on line and it looks like the one (7256C)..

I also had a another Parts supplier send me a Victor head gasket .. (In case it looks exactly the same)

My ? is has any one used the extra hole on a engine that did not use it and not have any problems with it?

Thanks ...DANiel

Yup , me . My head gasket has the extra hole and it doesn't make any difference .

It's only a problem if you have a later, internal bypass block and an earlier, external bypass head, as you will have a giant water leak. The early/early combination doesn't care, since there aren't any water passages there, and the later/later combination requires this style of gasket.

Marty

THANK-YOU guys for the answer...

But funny thing happen .. This morining the other Parts Supplier.. Brought me a Victor head gasket....

It was something I new I wanted immidatley .. Because it was ...Copper.

and the Felpro did not look like that "through " the package..

So I bought it evan though the extra bump was on it..

I was suprised only one sie had the copper on it but I ended up using the Felpro copper gasket spray..

BUT the funny part is ........... The Victor head gasket "Had" a Felpro manufatures stamp on it...

I wonder IF I opened the felpro gasket I would of seen a one sided copper gasket also...?

Thaks again to all ........DANiel