Trans swap

MBF

I'd like to swap out the 3 spd flr shifted trans in my 52 1 ton with a 4 spd to give me a creeper gear for parade use. I bought a tranny the other day that came out of a 56 1/2 ton short bed. When I started measuring, the bolt ears are completely different from those in my 3 speed bell housing. How many different bell housings did they make for the small 6, and which one do I need? I have a 39 2 ton parts truck with a 5 spd in it that I'm going to check out today. I was hoping that this would be a bolt in swap with just some driveshaft shortening. Guess this is going to be a lot more. Is there a 4 speed that will bolt up to my existing bell housing? Thanks-Mike

When we switched 3spd to 4spd between dads trucks we had to switch the bellhousing too. The mounting pads for both were there but each one was drilled differently.

Ed