1950 mdodge 1ton truck

Guest xpebrian

Guest xpebrian

kingpin replacement for 1950 1 ton dodge was looking for info on how you change king pins andut a source for replacement kingpin sets napa has them but cant tell me witch one i use any help appreatchiated

Depending on how badly the old king pins have fallen in love with the axle eyes will determine the process. First you need to remove the lock pin that holds each kingpin into the axle eyes. From there it is a matter of driving them out so that you can install the new pins. I ended up taking my axle out and taking them to a shop that had to heat and press the old pins out. Hopefully your axle eyes are not worn oblong or that is another whole process to have them bored out and bushed. You won't know this until you have the old pins out, and test fit the new pins to the axle. They need to be snug. If the axle is ok when you purchase your kit-the spindle bushings will need to be pressed into the spindles and then reamed (probably by the same machine shop that pressed in the bushings) to fit the new pins. It's a pretty straightforward process. Good luck Mike