seat upholstery

Guest xpebrian

Guest xpebrian

lookijng for info on reupholstering the seat for my 1950 dodge 1 ton truck

the proablum i have is how do you attach the vinayl to the seat frame any help appreatchiated

Did you remove the old upholstery? Most seats use hog rings. They are available along with the special pliers to install them. Now that I've said that my 46 doesn't use them. Mine uses these C shaped clips that snap around the bottom bar of the seat frame. Once you get that settled then you have to stretch the material over the padding etc to get it tight.

Guest xpebrian
I did find a source for those if you need some. I'd have to go looking again but let me know if you need it

yes i do need to order thoase if you could send me the info of where to get also do you remember how maney it takes to compleate the job:)

Ok I found the receipt. They came from american trim & upholstery supply www.atrim.com 918-834-6691. I ordered part # A7578. I can't say for sure how many were used because my seat was done by a neighbor that does upholstering. I ordered a box of 500 for $30 last june. Here's my new seat. I had matching door panels made too.

DSC00450.jpg

thats interesting cause on my B2D which I believe is all original, the seat vinyl was tacked in with nails, no hog rings. There is a cord strip of ropey cardboard string squished into the steel frame, and the vinyl was tacked into this with nails, just like chair upholstery.