41 Plymouth SB Mopar Engine Swap

rockable

Rock.......nice work, just noticed that you are partial to "P" cars.......Plymouth,Pontiac,Porsche..........tho' it appears you've been a bit careless with your truck preference...........Che..........lol...........andyd

I was VERY fortunate to snag these off Craigslist. I have an extra passenger side one, if you'd like to buy it. You'd still have to find you a matching driver's side. I also have a driver's side manifold but I think it's for a 318. PM me if you're interested.

Claybill, yes it will work without putting a swivel joint in . I can get my fingers between the steering column and the manifold on the side. At the rear, it's going to depend a little on my transmission mount but I'm shooting for about 3/8". That should be safe.

have ya tried magnum exhaust manifolds,,?? the word is they outt flow the 340 manifolds by a ton,, and can be found cheap,,,if i make the swap from my red ram hemi to a LA based motor i have a set to try in a 40 coupe :cool:

Second to that, and the bolt circle is exactly the same.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I've been following the build on the HAMB. There is some craftsmanship in this build. Great job!

Thanks for the props. This is not my first restoration but it is my first hot rod build. The goal is for it to look basically stock but have more modern running gear and accessories like AC. The interior will be original bench seat and two tone. I'm thinking a burgundy/maroon paint and burgundy/taupe interior.

Thanks for the props. This is not my first restoration but it is my first hot rod build. The goal is for it to look basically stock but have more modern running gear and accessories like AC. The interior will be original bench seat and two tone. I'm thinking a burgundy/maroon paint and burgundy/taupe interior.

I wish I had the time and energy to do it like you have done it! Great job!

Thanks, Don. You just can't be in a hurry to drive the car. Truth is, I enjoy building them better than driving them. Doing all that work is my stress reliever. I get two days a week in my shop, usually, and that is my most relaxing two days of the week. I really enjoy the metal work and fabrication. The detail work of re-assembly and painting is what tries my patience.