New guy New Zealand 2x mopars?

0ldflathead6

Hi all I dont know if this is the right place to post this,

Ive bought 2 older trucks ones a dodge and the other a 42? fargo

Both have been sittin 40 years, Its taken me 10 years to get them ,Im goin to paint up the Dodge and leave the fargo as found,I know nothing about these trucks so any advice/help/comments/models etc would be appreciated

Thanks David

post-7106-13585356144346_thumb.jpg

post-7106-13585356144804_thumb.jpg

post-7106-13585356145148_thumb.jpg

post-7106-13585356145539_thumb.jpg

Gidday from West Island............lol.........wheres the sheep?..........o/k......enough of the frivolity........lol........seriously tho' nice to see a Kiwi here, these guys are the best for helping and general info, a great bunch of mopar lovers, they even tolerate us aussies..........lol.......welcome aboard..........there is the Powerhouse truck side that might be more useful for specific truck questions but if you have a general question regarding stuff that was used in the cars then by all means shoot away, also don't forget to try the Technical listings and search parts of the forum........anyway welcome........I won't mention the cricket if you don't mention the rugby.........lol........regards, Andy Douglas

Hi there David - welcome to a fellow NZ'er! Where in NZ are you? I'm now in Queensland, but my old 47 Dodge was in NZ until I bought it across a couple of years ago.

A couple of good looking trucks you've managed to get your hands on. You mention it took you 10 years - did you have to gradually wear down the previous owner to let them go?

As Andy mentioned, the 'other' side of this forum (for trucks) might be the go for you, but you've certainly ended up in the best place on the net for all things old mopar. Plenty of good guys and lots of technical info to be had.

Welcome aboard.

HI David.....welcome.

Nice to see some more ol Mopars saved.

There is also a truck part of this forum, called Pilot-House.Com......another

group of good guys with lots of truck info. Link: http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8

You can get good info in either place, or both.

Edited by BobT-47P15

Sign up for the 39-47 dodge truck yahoo group. Between this site and that one you'll have all the help you need. Here's mine.

I agree. You'll a lot of the same people there, that hang out here.

I belong to both, wohoo. lol:D

100_3252.jpg

48D