help help help problem leak wjth leaking brake fluid

southfield48d24

hey went out to go take the car on the michigan ave. cruise in dearborn michigan on saturday july 10 2010 and a smelled a fume that i hd never smelled before and when i pulled out i noticed that the brake pedal went straight to the floor. i have not been able to locate the leak i will be removing the driver's side floor pan some time this week. here are a couple pictures of where the drips happens in the front of the car. not sure if it is the master cylinder or a brake line. also what shop do you guys trust in the detroit metro area would you suggest to get my brake problem fixed and not get ripped offed. thanks

post-7046-13585355876261_thumb.jpg

post-7046-13585355876518_thumb.jpg

post-7046-13585355876741_thumb.jpg

post-7046-13585355876916_thumb.jpg

post-7046-13585355877102_thumb.jpg

Edited by southfield48d24

The Plymouth Owners Club- Detroit Region, Is having their monthly meeting tomorrow night (Tuesday July 13th) at Little Daddy's restaurant @7pm. It's on Woodward near Long Lake Road. Somebody at the meeting should be able to help you and answer any questions. Your welcome to stop by and sit in on the meeting. I had a shop in Ferndale install a master cylinder and wheel cylinders for me on my '37 Plymouth. You didn't say what year and model Plymouth you have.

Ed

http://plymouthclub.org/

hey guys thanks for all your help on helping me find the leak i think i found the source. today i took the battery out and against the drivers side of the engine compartment next to the tire wall is where the two brake lines come through the from the front outer body then split off to both right and left wheels. so the break is not at the wheels but at the break line in the engine compartment. now i need to know if the break line can be fixed by splicing the damaged section with a new section or will i need to to replace the entire brake line. i will be taking the car to the shop but i want you guys opinion on how it can be repaired before i have the car towed. also i'm in southfield michigan, is there any shops that anyone of you guys who suggest that i can have the work done and fixed professionally in my area. thanks a lot again. i look forward to hearing you ideas.

post-7046-13585355902363_thumb.jpg

post-7046-13585355902617_thumb.jpg

Edited by southfield48d24

• 2 weeks later...