How Many Pilot House Trucks Have Survived?

well I have ONE, well, actally I have all the PARTS of one, '51 1 ton. Title transferred to my name and hopefully in two weeks things will start to get put BACK together.

As I drove across the state of Wisco this last weekend to go w/ the g/f to visit family in the UP, I kept my eyes peeled for trucks. 4 months ago, I NEVER would have looked, now that's all I do! I saw the following:

in the town of Catawba, WI is an old chevy which looks to be a mid-50's model with all its parts (windows, tailgate and chrome, etc.) piled full of crap in the bed w/ weeds growing out of it. But it's just a Chevy, so who cares here, right?!?!:D

In Mackinaw City (I think) is a 30-something Dodge painted a nice shade of BRIGHT yellow being used to hold signs for a business.

That's all I got to contribute!

Beyond that I was suprised to not see many old vehicles in yards/farms as we drove those 6-7 hours...I think the scrapper has gotten more and more over the years!:(

That's all I got to contribute!

Funny that I read that now and I'm JUST STARTING to paint!

up in the up of mich right now found a b1b mid 40s for sale pretty rough but cool will post pictures when I get home in a few days

Driving back from the UP saw 2 one ton plus trucks restoreds outside of Woma and ind Cumberland saw a 1/2 ton or so, both towns in Wisconsin

as promised. This was an old beer delivery truck, bed was shot interior was shot, but the body panels looked to be ok (including tailgate). I'd bet $200 would get you the whole shooting match!

mid40s.jpg

Was that really the engine crank? Wish you would have snagged that! Its got a factory mirror arm for the left side too.

yes that is a hand crank...it's a random "for sale car lot" in Mason MI. No one was around to even ask if I could get parts off it or what it'd take to get. I could prolly get more info next time I cruise around up there this fall (if they are around that is).

Well I have 1 reg. 1 ton (really not anymore) and 1 parts truck, and in my neck of the woods there doesn't seem to be many of these trucks that guys have restored. I know of maybe 2 or 3 that have had something done with, but the one is on a Dakota frame and is a bit of a mess....

• 4 months later...

SURVIVOR:

The B-1 that was covered with weeds in the summer that had been used as a goat feeder has emerged from its pasture to the front yard. Talking with the owner, the truck was used to chase deer (not rabbits) & ran when parked in '65, and shouldn't take too much to fix up, as his grandson will be taking on this task in the front yard. Time will tell if this will become another stalled project or a daily driver...

large.sm49weddle1.jpg.f60923b4d4a1f92e1c5f131a0150d20e.jpg

large.sm49weddle2.JPG.6cbbf0fa4a2ea07a78aa1ed83d03667e.JPG

Edited by JBNeal
revised pictures

yes that is a hand crank...it's a random "for sale car lot" in Mason MI. No one was around to even ask if I could get parts off it or what it'd take to get. I could prolly get more info next time I cruise around up there this fall (if they are around that is).

geez, i need to

lock all of my stuff up. already had an amp stolen out of a car once down there. good thing she is inside now so all the vultures cant get to her :). sorry i wasnt around to tell you it wasnt for sale ! haha :)

Is this green original color?:rolleyes:

It's not what you think it is. The light green is oxidation. The dark green color is Dodge Truck Green (which you can see next to the right headlight).

The attached photo of the 50 Woodie was taken when the truck was new.

Hope this helps,

Hank

post-2934-13585358607307_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

yes those were Fargo hub caps but sold them to a friend and not all cars/trucks in Canada rust !!!! most of the one that are like that come from the east coast of canada not the west coast any how to answer your other question the truck now sits on a stock frame with a Volare front clip and a B body dodge rear diff with the rear springs under slung the rear axle. this is why it sits lower

• 1 month later...
spotted this one at the classic car lot about 10 miles from the house:

I think that "Classic" car lot needs to get some better inventory!