Seat Belts

Last night I began the seat belt install and was having difficulty determining a suitable location to mount the retractor assembly on the driver's side. the fuel fill pipe is right in the way. I dug out my old forum archive disc, when I got home, and found Jim Shepards post regarding his seat belt install. It looks like he has his mounted farther inboard that I was trying. However from that mounting position I wonder how the belts wrap around the seat base frame. Or would the lap belt come through between the frame and the seat cushion? Are you out there Jim? Any pics after mounting the seat in? How's it all work for you?

I also found that my seat bottom setion is shot. I didn't look it over good when I took it out. I think the mice living in it corroded out the framework. The seat back is OK, but has a few broken spring. That's fixable. Anyone got a spare seat?

Merle

Last night I began the seat belt install and was having difficulty determining a suitable location to mount the retractor assembly on the driver's side. the fuel fill pipe is right in the way. I dug out my old forum archive disc, when I got home, and found Jim Shepards post regarding his seat belt install. It looks like he has his mounted farther inboard that I was trying. However from that mounting position I wonder how the belts wrap around the seat base frame. Or would the lap belt come through between the frame and the seat cushion? Are you out there Jim? Any pics after mounting the seat in? How's it all work for you?

I also found that my seat bottom setion is shot. I didn't look it over good when I took it out. I think the mice living in it corroded out the framework. The seat back is OK, but has a few broken spring. That's fixable. Anyone got a spare seat?

Merle

Merle, I think all I have is a spare seat back but I'll check and get back with you.

Brad

Merle,

I mounted the driver side retractor on a piece of 1/4" steel that then got bolted to the door frame above the filler tube. the only thing you see is the two bolt heads and the retractor fits into the space behind the door frame. No problem with the belt going around the seat frame.

This is a three-point system from Juliano's. I can try to get a pic tomorrow if you'd like.