Back from the paint shop

47heaven

Just got the P15 back from One Day today. Was pretty impressed with the work for it being a commercial paint and body outfit. Below are the pics of how it looked when I pulled it up in the driveway. Took the backroads since I have no mirrors or winsdhield. The green is the closest I could get to the 1947 Chrysler Seaquest Green from matching paint chips. The paint comes out more of a mint green in the pics, but is greener up close. Just waiting to get my chrome and stainless back and slap that stuff on. I asked the neighbor next door, who is in his late 60's, if it's the green he remembers from that time and he said it is, so that's good enough for me. See what you think.

post-155-1358534515891_thumb.jpg

post-155-13585345159179_thumb.jpg

post-155-1358534515947_thumb.jpg

Darin, that looks really good. Glad it came out OK. I see they seem to have painted the parking light sockets, so be sure there is no paint inside so the bulb will have good contact. What color are you gonna do the wheels, darker green??

actually that soft Easter egg color looks very good on that car. I am a fan of lighter colors. As you get more and more of the trim back on the car breaking up the mass and defining lines..it will surely look good...as mentioned a contrasting green paint a shade or two darker on the wheels will compliment that paint scheme. You getting there...!

Back in the early 60s I had a '48 club coupe the same color as yours with a SBC. However, the paint was faded and the primer was showing on the top of the front fenders. It looked like Granny's car but what a sleeper! I don't care for the color but it will look great when you get it all together. The stock colors will sometimes surprise you as to how nice they look when brought back to original or better condition.

By the way, I looked at the garnish molding trim and both pieces have a pit that isn't to bad. I can't get a picture of them right now because they are in the car and it's covered in ice from last evening's storm. Maybe I can get to them by tomorrow.

Bob

actually that soft Easter egg color looks very good on that car. I am a fan of lighter colors. As you get more and more of the trim back on the car breaking up the mass and defining lines..it will surely look good...as mentioned a contrasting green paint a shade or two darker on the wheels will compliment that paint scheme. You getting there...!

Aw Tim...did you have to say Easter egg? :( You are right about it looking better when I get the trim on there and breaking up the mass of color. The wheels haven't been painted, yet. I have to take them in seperately and have them painted, but it's already covered in the price and they will be the color of the car. Also, I have to take it back to have the color sander go over some parts that still have egg shell that he forgot to buff.

Back in the early 60s I had a '48 club coupe the same color as yours with a SBC. However, the paint was faded and the primer was showing on the top of the front fenders. It looked like Granny's car but what a sleeper! I don't care for the color but it will look great when you get it all together. The stock colors will sometimes surprise you as to how nice they look when brought back to original or better condition.

By the way, I looked at the garnish molding trim and both pieces have a pit that isn't to bad. I can't get a picture of them right now because they are in the car and it's covered in ice from last evening's storm. Maybe I can get to them by tomorrow.

Bob

Bob...when you can get to them just let me know. Like I mentioned, the color is a lot greener than in the pics. For some reason, my digital camera is not color correct. I may have to adjust something on it. BTW...what is SBC?

I also noticed the light sockets are painted. As Bob mentioned about the sockets, you should paint the inner housings white to reflect light better, maybe you had already planned to do this. Your car is looking sharp, you're doing a great job on it. Brendan.

Bob and Brendan...yeah, I'm aware of the sockets, but I need to replace the housings anyway because they are rusted out through the back and unfortunately the screws holding them in are rusted and really hard to get out. I have one used one to reinstall, but am looking for another, if someone out there has one laying around. Painting white inside them is a good idea and I'll do that with the others I put in there.