OT -Whats a 23 Model T worth?--OT

1just4don

I just found a pretty decent 23 Model T in these parts for sale and just wondered if anybody had a handle on what they might be worth?? So far sounds like a good 'runner' and some things have been redone, partial restoration. Any thoughts or ideas appreciated. Could I call it a T-23 and fit here anyway??? Talk about old school, my grandfather had a pickup about this age,,,called it his hoopee and hauled junk. Sure was a different riding truck Just barely remember it!!

Edited to add--its a roadster!!

I just found a pretty decent 23 Model T in these parts for sale and just wondered if anybody had a handle on what they might be worth?? So far sounds like a good 'runner' and some things have been redone, partial restoration. Any thoughts or ideas appreciated. Could I call it a T-23 and fit here anyway??? Talk about old school, my grandfather had a pickup about this age,,,called it his hoopee and hauled junk. Sure was a different riding truck Just barely remember it!!

Hi there Don....fraid I can't help you on the price cause I don't know anything about them cept i'd love to own one

It really depends on condition/completeness/originality...

A nice un-molested T is "worth more" to a T-enthusiast than some clunker that's been cobbled together from parts from the four corners of the world...

I was earnestly shopping for one about two years ago... the "black-radiator" T's ('17-'25) generally can be picked-up for between $4,000 to $6,000 as a "runner/ driver".

A 100-pt AACA Senior trophy car might run between $10,000 to $15,000...

They're NOT "Barret-Jackson" priceless... after all, Ford Motor Co. produced some 15-million of them between 1908 and 1927, and they are still one of the most common antique cars available in the world.

Model T Haven ( .com) out in the midwest usually has "complete" T's for between $1,500 and $3,000, but many of their open cars are missing the top and bows, may need re-wooding, etc.

Spend as little for it as you can get away with... there's great club support and repro-parts availability, but as with all old cars, body work, upholstery, engine rebuild ( babbit bearings!) quickly adds-up, so you want to be careful about spending too much on the car in the first-place.

Unless the owner/seller has lots of documentation on the car, clean title, etc, I'd be very cautious if the price climbs above $4,000.

Just my two-cents...

Frank McMullen