A red P15 convert for sale now, on e......

BobT-47P15

Looks to be fairly nice. Starting price at $10,000. Lots of pictures. I see one fender skirt in the trunk. Been reupholstered. Link to the ad....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth-SPECIAL-DELUXE-CONVERTIBLE-1947-PLYMOUTH-SPECIAL-DELUXE-CONVERTIBLE-6-CYL-MANUAL_W0QQitemZ230096519900QQihZ013QQcategoryZ6387QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

dd72_3.JPG

Not a bad looking buggy. Looks like a dealer would have at least cleaned the dust off the back seat before taking a picture though.

Tim,

I've seen the new 15" trim rings too as swap meets. Never 16" wide rings though. Is that what you got Ed or did he need the 15's. Darin, what size are your wheels. 16's were usually on the 47 model.

Bought mine at a swap meet for about $30 for the set. One fits a bit different than the others, so not sure if it was actually correct, but it will work. They all look about alike, but they are definitely different for the various models and brands of cars.

100_3004.jpg

Gives the appearance of a full wheel cover.

100_1708-1.jpg

Hmmmm......I see this has the kick panel air ducts. But they must have only come on certain cars, maybe if ordered specifically perhaps. I think this car has two heaters, judging by the two hoses in the engine photo. They say this is a 1947 model....but my 47 did not have those ducts. Dash and window frames are correct in matching body color. Not real crazy about the mottled appearance of the upholstry material, but, oh well, at least it's all been re-done. (Top quality grain vinyl I guess)

e9f6_3.JPG

Not a bad looking buggy. Looks like a dealer would have at least cleaned the dust off the back seat before taking a picture though.

Tim' date='

I've seen the new 15" trim rings too as swap meets. Never 16" wide rings though. Is that what you got Ed or did he need the 15's. Darin, what size are your wheels. 16's were usually on the 47 model.[/quote']

Norm...I have a '47, but somewhere along the line 15" rims were put on because that is what I have now.

you have to watch the swap meets..just got a set for one of our readers here last November at our local meet...dailies are about 40.00 a set and still be good looking units.

PS..must have 10 inch caps..nine won't cut it...

Not sure what you mean by "dailies," but if they look good and close to the original, I could go with them. As far as the hub cap... they are the originals so I'm hoping they are 10"

they told grandma her living room furniture had been stolen so they could get the vinyl..

Ed answered the question...15's..all matching and straight off a Plymouth...have not seen any 16's about either...Only 16 I have is the metal painted unit..only have one..would look good on a spare diplayed in the trunk.

Darin..daily driver quality..looks good, brite and shiney but small handling scratches where you pry to remove the cap..covered with cap on..maybe a small ding here and there..would have to get close and personal to observe..when someone is doing that to your car..they are in the prime position for a swift kick in the pants.

Norms right. The Dual Comfort Masters,as they were called ,came as a package

complete with the ducts and vent ends. The right could be used alone and was a Model 53. The left was a Model 54,and was mounted a bit higher for toe clearance. A "plenum" duct crossed between the two, and had a lever that could

bypass the heaters ( with the cowl vent open ) or force outside air thru the system saving wear on the blower motors. Biggest prob was the large rubber seal on the duct lever. They hardened and cracked. I had a few NOS, but they went fast. Maybe someone will repop them soon. The dual diecast valve that came with these are also getting VERY pricey when found.

My car actually had two heaters in it when I got it. As I recall, they did not match. Figured the previous owner had done it......did not realize it was an option on a new car. But no side vents. I took both heaters out, found a nice looking model 53, and installed it.....figured I would never drive the car in real cold weather anyway.

I guess its the slow dial up that has me so darn slow here. I type in a search like "1948 Dodge" It takes several minutes to load and then have to reload twice once for 'pricest highest first' soI can find something. Is there a way to lock in the 'priced highest first' feature rather than redoing it ewach time???

But my puter once the thing loads up,,,wont move till it reloads once sometimes twice or three times it has to 'blink' first. If I search for say '1939-1951 Dodge' it doesnt work at all, Is there secrets to doing quality searches and getting good results without wasting hours upon hours for each and every one???

Don, think the internet is just extra slow for dial up users lately. Dont understand why but it seems to be moving at a snails pace lately. I thought it was just AOL trying to get eveyone so P.O. they'd change over from dial up but apparently it's the whole works. I know it's getting really old after seeing it move much faster in the past even before BB and DSL up was available. Does not compute...

My car actually had two heaters in it when I got it. As I recall, they did not match. Figured the previous owner had done it......did not realize it was an option on a new car. But no side vents. I took both heaters out, found a nice looking model 53, and installed it.....figured I would never drive the car in real cold weather anyway.

Bob,

You should have kept the dual system. I think GTK once said a long time ago he saw the dual system with all the vents at a swap meet, selling for about $1,000. When I say vents, I also mean the dual cowl ventilation system.

I guess its the slow dial up that has me so darn slow here. I type in a search like "1948 Dodge" It takes several minutes to load and then have to reload twice once for 'pricest highest first' soI can find something. Is there a way to lock in the 'priced highest first' feature rather than redoing it ewach time???

But my puter once the thing loads up,,,wont move till it reloads once sometimes twice or three times it has to 'blink' first. If I search for say '1939-1951 Dodge' it doesnt work at all, Is there secrets to doing quality searches and getting good results without wasting hours upon hours for each and every one???

Ed & Don,

You might check with your dial up ISP. Use to take me a long time to load things too, especially something with a lot of pictures on the page. I called my ISP and they had me load an "Accelerator". It was a free download from them. Now I load pages almost as fast as you would on DSL or cable.