Need driveshaft 53 B126D 1 ton

about a driveshaft I had removed from what I think was a 1950 3/4 ton truck. I had it sandblasted and powdercoated. It's still wrapped in the paper they use to deliver and protect it. It's in my off site storage yard. I was thinking it is a backup for my 51 B3B 1/2 ton, but without measuring it, now I am not so sure. Seeing as your friends is tweaked, measurments may not be easy, but maybe some pictures and whatever measurements you can get including the diameter, or specs from the book may help in determining if it's a fit.

Hank

I've heard of some machine shops & speed shops that can rebuild bent driveshafts by cutting the yokes off of the old one & re-using them on a new tube, but it might be a li'l pricey. I'll have to check, but I'm a-thinkin' that the 126" w.b. uses the same axle & driveshaft as the Power Wagons.

I agree. A good driveshaft should be able to build a new one. The cost will be more reasonable than you might think.

I did a quick look through my parts catalog and found 4 different drive shaft tubes listed for a B-3-D-126 depending on the transmission configuration.

with a 3 speed = 75-1/8" length

3 speed w/ fluid drive = 69-1/2" lentgh

with a 4 speed = 74-1/2" length

4 speed w/ fluid drive = 68-7/8" length

This is the tube piece only. It doesn't include the slip yolk end.

For reference;

B-3-B-108

with 3 speed = 60-13/16" length - 55-3/16" with fluid drive

with 4 speed = 59-3/16" length - 53-9/16" with fluid drive

B-3-C-116

with 3 speed = 68-13/16" length - 63-3/16" with fluid drive

with 4 speed -= 67-3/16" length - 61-9/16 with fluid drive

Merle

I have a friend in Ohio that saved a 53 1 ton from the crusher. The fork lift at the yard made a mess of the drive shaft. Does anyone know where he can find one. 53 B-126-D Thanks Allan

A driveline shop can easily replace the tube and it won't cost an arm and a leg - a quick internet search around Vienna (assumption on my part) says that there isn't any closer than Cleveland or Canton - but my gut says if you look in the phone book you'll find someone.

I use a place on the south side of Columbus called Driveline One - great group of guys that will tell you how it is and get you hooked up with what you need - they have dropped everything they were doing to get me a driveshaft for my pulling truck so I could make it to a pull on time.

I don't know the condition of it - but I think I have a driveshaft for a 126" wheelbase truck with a 4 speed - but I think its a fluid drive tranny. I can look when I get home - but if your buddy wanted to come and get it I would give it to him. Its still installed in what is left of the truck - but that could be "fixed" quickly.

Thanks to all that replyed. I sent a note to hot rod tractor as a private message. The drive shaft is 4" in diameter and 61 3/4" in length tip of spline to end of u-joint. He can make a new one from a longer shaft if that is what is aviable. The one in Ohio may work but we will contact Dale Uhrich if it doesn't. You guys sure are a great help!! Allan