In your best Rocket J. Squirrel voice....

Plymouthy Adams

Vat you never seen de Boris mobile before. Natasha just got it out of ze detail shop!!!

Looks bad, Nyet???? Matter of fact it looks Badenoff......................

Actually not from mother land, but stolen from those Sneeky Sveedes.

Is Wolwo, tovarich. Fearless leader had us steal it ven in Oslo junqyard.

fearlessleader.jpg

800px-Volvo_Sugge_TP21.jpg

Folks,

'Rocky & Bullwinkle' was one of my favorite shows, and do you realize that it was taken off the air for being too highly political?

'Leave It To Beaver' was also one of my favorites and it seemed to last until Jerry Mathers became a carpenter, even though there was thinly disguised sexual innuendo on nearly every show.

Maybe not being exposed to politics nor hearing innuendo is why kids need to wear helmets these days and everybody gets an A whether he can read or not.

OK, Tim, you may have your thread back now.

-Randy

Bulwinkle is quite bold in his dialogue..like the early Batman series..this show was written with double intende...one for mom and dad to laugh while the kids stare as to why and then the kids laugh lines put in...I have quite a few episodes on tape...I have introduced "Moose and Squirrel" to my grandkids..they now ask when here, can we watch Moose and Squirrel? Beat the soup out of some of this other trash on TV..

Shades of Edward E Thornton The voice of the story teller. I think those cartoons were some of the greatest work this country ever produced.

The US has always used propaganda in cartoons as a way to educate it's citizens. I was told that Popeye was used to make kids eat their spinish.

These cartoons taught fair play and how to over come adversity.

Rocky and the moose where my favorite....well you know. The Jetsons and The flintstones...... Ok, now here's something we hope you'll really like! :)

Edward Everett Horton is who you mean Rodney. Did you know William Conrad (Canon Private Eye) was the episode narrator???

Also in the credits, the producer, Mr. Ponsonby Britt, O.B.E (Order of the British Empire) was a made up entity, however he supplied biographies anddid interviews with critics and the press.

Set the Way Back machine for June 5th 1946 Sherman. Today we are visiting Detroit Michigan.

Thanks Greg, I always get that guy's name mixed up. I saw him in a couple of movies. The only way I knew him was for the voice. He is in that movie with Cary Grant and the two old ladies and mortimer. He is the head of the crazy house they want to send Teddy to.

I did not know Conrad was the narrator he does have the voice for it. You know ALOT OF THOSE ACTORS AFTER THE PRIME YEARS WENT INTO TN ANNOUCING. Some did Chrysler commercials.:)

I grew up on Rocky & Bullwinkle, The Jetsons, The Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, Gilligans Island, The Three Stooges, The Flintstones, Green Acres, Bugs Bunny, et al..........lol..........you Yanks have a lot to answer for!!!.........lol........andyd

Is Volvo Sugga TP 21 radio/ command car.

"Sugga" is swedish for a sow, it is common calling name for this fifties military Volvo four door sedan style. Not invented by the factory, of course.

Volvo has always had most american influenced design and engineering of european cars. This military version is no exception. Cool car.

I believe it was a TAXI sourced body on a small truck chassis.

Andy, so down under got the benefit of American "culture".

You suffered much like Canada. Probably one of the ills suffered as a byproduct of keeping English as a base language.

It is said the Canada could have been one of the greatest countries on Earth, as they could have had English Law, French Culture, and American iventivness, instead it seems they have French Law, English technology and America Culture.

I believe it was a TAXI sourced body on a small truck chassis.

The taxi version (or actually public sale civil version) was P831 and P832. I do not think it shared a single piece of sheetmetal with the military version.

Volvo_PV_832_1950.jpg

Thanks Greg, I always get that guy's name mixed up. I saw him in a couple of movies. The only way I knew him was for the voice. He is in that movie with Cary Grant and the two old ladies and mortimer. He is the head of the crazy house they want to send Teddy to.

I did not know Conrad was the narrator he does have the voice for it. You know ALOT OF THOSE ACTORS AFTER THE PRIME YEARS WENT INTO TN ANNOUCING. Some did Chrysler commercials.:)

He was a radio actor first.

If you retrn with us to those thrilling days of yesteryear you will recall "Hi-ho, Silver, away". ... "A fiery horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust and a hearty Hi-yo Silver"

Conrad narrated that one on radio...