Another Day in the Garage

PatS....

The salamander heater sure makes it easy to spend a productive day in the garage working on Walter P.

I wanted to get a coat of paint on all the parts that got sandblasted the other day. I didn't want the control arms to be black, but I didn't want them to look goofy either, so I went with silver/aluminum paint that I already had. Brushed on a couple of coats on the underside. I'll flip 'em over tomorrow and do the top. I think they will look OK. The frame and springs will be frame black.

FirstCoatOfSilverPaint_2.jpg

FirstCoatOfSilverPaint.jpg

I gave the six blade fan, the front motor mount support, the coil bracket, the heat sheild and the valve covers a coat of blue to match the engine. I have 2 sets of valve covers so one set is blue and the other set is silver.

These will also get flipped and the other side done tomorrow.

BluePaintOnFanandMotorMount.jpg

Then, I spent a while with the side grinder on the exposed frame to clean it up as much as I can so I can paint it. I'll finish the driver side inner and do the underside tomorrow. Then wipe it all down to degrease it before paint. Very dusty work, had to use the old furnace fan I kept from the furnace I hauled out of the garage. Comes in handy for stuff like this. A mask is handy, too.

FrameAfterGrindingRust_2.jpg

All in all a productive day. I also got the spark plug threads chased, which was the last thing to do before installing the head. Hopefully I'll get to that Friday:)

ChasingThreadsInHead.jpg

Pat

Now that's allot of work! Sure am glad my old Dodge is done for now. Although I did win on e-bay a peice of trim (NOS) for the passenger side rocker. My old one was kind of bent up and I just pounded it out to get it to look haft way right. But now oft with the old and on with the new(Of course a little Krylon spray paint with be used to paint the trim)before installing.