Front end kits

Justin Slingsby

I have started to shop around for a front end kit for the Plymouth. I think my kingpins are a little suspect because I get a pull on the steering wheel from each direction whenever I take a corner. Plus when I disassembled the front to lower it I noticed some of the rubber bushings had gotten hard and were no longer holding grease on the support arm. Pete (blueskies) where did you get your kit? I have looked at both Andy Bernbaum and Kanter. Does the deluxe kit from Kanter include Everything or are there still some parts that need to be added additionally? Also who carries the best deal? I can swing the $425 for the Kanter kit but if someone has it for a better price I would like to know..

Thanks in advance for the info.

I would check the kingpins the way the service manual suggests- various shaking by hand motions-and make sure the axle nut is snug- not tight but snug. A 1/2 turn on it can make a world of difference.

Also be sure it- the front end is bad before going to the expense- the service manual has good tests and they are accurate.

I bought my inner and outer tie rod ends form Napa and the steering boxrebuild kit- (2 bushings and a seal) from baum for my dodge.

Also just set up search on the bay and they will appear.

Kingpins sets usually go for about 50 on the net

Lou