OT Compressed air car

bob westphal

Last evening I watched the discovery Channel's new show "Future Car". WoW!! They had all types of alternative fuels and power sources. The one that caught my attention was the car that is driven by compressed air. These things are still in the prototype stage but they have a lot of them built and in use by the developers. This car is the best thing since food! They even have plans to develop an on board compressor to recharge the tanks while you drive. Check it out at the below web site.

Bob

http://www.theaircar.com/MiniCats.html

We had a local man who, several years ago, invented his own compressed air vehicle. I don't think it had the onboard compressor. He did have a couple of air-up stations situated around town. Guess it didn't hit the big time, however. Probably now gone to that big scrapyard in the sky.

I was watching a PBS show last week while some show I wont watch until I see ALL the paint in the world dry first,,,was about the New York subways. The first was across the street, didnt go too far,,,but was powered by compressed air and held ALOT of riders. Sorta like the tube deal at the bank only bigger. He dug and put this steel liner as he advanced, said it was real advanced for the time. They ran into it later while they were building the real subways,,,turned some into a museum.. Never been to that part of the world but sounded interesting non the less. They also said it didnt catch favor and was abandoned in early stages of what it was supposed to be. Can you imagine how tore up the streets were and how congested they were while the construction was in progress?? We have three seasons here,winter, almost road construction and road construction season!!!