Score!

randroid

Gents,

I was parked next to a '62 Fairlane in the local NAPA parking lot today as I awaited a return call from my Lady Wife Lynn to let me know if I needed to pick up anything on the way home when this long-haired, noble-fared, leaping gnome of an old hippie walked up and we got into a conversation about restoring old cars. I mentioned I was doing a '48 P-15 and he mentioned that he had all the replacement rubber for a '47 P-15 and was I interested in it for $100?

I have been putting off re-painting Pigiron because I don't have an extra $900 to put into all new rubber, but that needs to be done with new paint. I have played with automotive rubber enough to know that when it's almost sixty years old it's past ready to retire and if you twist it it will break, so I bought the lot. Now have no excuse other than the weather to not paint it and paint it I shall, and I'll post as many pictures as possible as the progress continues because I'm going to do the roll-on Rustoleum technique.

I also got some stuff I don't need such as a headlight switch and choke and heater cables, not to mention an ashtray and a glove box door, so if anybody needs those few things that never need to be replaced send me an address and you can later send me a check for the postage.

-Randy