Wreck Rescue

aero3113

Just started watching, but she paid 1000 pounds for that pile? Whoever sold it to her should feel ashamed. My neighbor picked up an MG Midget a few months ago for $45 in similar shape, although there is paint on it. I think he may have overpaid. He could part it out and do OK. I need to send him this set of videos as motivation

Just started watching, but she paid 1000 pounds for that pile? Whoever sold it to her should feel ashamed. My neighbor picked up an MG Midget a few months ago for $45 in similar shape, although there is paint on it. I think he may have overpaid. He could part it out and do OK. I need to send him this set of videos as motivation

Yes, I thought that was very high also.

I think the show was in the UK, they have a different demand over there for the Sprite. I am guessing for everyone they sold there, they exported 10 to here. Heck it was beautiful when she was done. They have real strong club support over there. Most clubs here might meet a few times a year. I like the British car Club scene from what I have read. There is an advantage to being a small country. No matter where you break down, you are not thet far from home. She will have a blast with that car. In my opinion, worth everything she has in it. Eric

From our experience in Ireland a couple years back, everything seem to be about 2x as much as we are used to. I know the Irish economy, andmost of Euro based countries have had the same economic problems as we have lately. Housing there was 1 million euros about 1.4 million bucks, when we were there for a basic 3 bedroom house. Average salary was 40k€ per year. Don;t know how any one afforded a house.

In northern Ireland where they still use the Pound Sterling, lunch was 10 pounds or about 24 dollars.

If you look at vehicle costs say for a Ford Focus, which here would be 17 K dollars, a similar vehicle in England would be 18K Pounds or 20 k € in Ireland, or between 20 ad 25K dollars, then add the petrol costs, ad insurance.....

Hopefully wages match but I doubt it. Bugeyes in restored condition are going for pretty big bucks here lately.

Here is a similar in Ca

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1960-Austin-Heeley-Bugeye-Sprite_W0QQitemZ350328897635QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item51913ac063

I think that I would much rather drive a Bugeye on the narrow lanes of the British Isles than on any of the highways in California.

Edited by greg g