Nice Truck

Job~Rated

WHY, would anyone put a FORD motor in a Dodge Truck???????????? Nice Truck BUUUT. Tony C

The age old question once again..........why ford, why chevy, etc.

It would be interesting to know why........could be they had good luck

with that engine in a car once, maybe they had it sitting around and

decided to use it. Maybe it somehow fit better than others. Maybe

the owner is really a "Ford guy" nowadays as it sounds like he may

have inherited the Dodge. Always questions.....not many answers.

Nice truck, though. I like the one color paint scheme instead of some color cab with

black bed.

52dodge_1.jpg

Edited by BobT-47P15

WHY, would anyone put a FORD motor in a Dodge Truck???????????? Nice Truck BUUUT. Tony C

No worse than the standard Chevy 350/350. Don't like either myself in a Mopar and would rather just have the old flathead and original tranny. Won't go fast but has that nostalgic feeling and great for parades if you use bull low.

Nice truck, Ford engine in a dodge.....hmmmm.....IMO, no worse than a T5 trans behind a Lhead....

David;

I have installed a T-5 behind my Desoto engine in my P-15 Plymouth. I did so for several reasons. I can now cruise all day long at 70+ MPH with my engine only turning around 2200 RPM's. I dont measure my fuel mileage but I know it is better than a factory setup. Turing these lower engine RPM's at speed will make my engine last longer. With a 5 speed transmission I can match my road speed to the power curve of my engine much better than with the stock 3 speed transmission. And also I did it because I wanted to, and I enjoyed the challange of doing a successful upgrade modification to my car. Rebuilding a stock engine and trsansmission can be done by anybody. I could have done so but it would not have been nearly as much fun as doing a T-5 upgrade.

You hit it right on the head don, "I did it cause I wanted to", probally the same reason he put a ford engine in his dodge, because he wanted to.

We should embrace what modifications (if any), like them or not and realize that the owner is also a car enthusiast as we are, and just accept what was done instead of picking it apart.

Maybe I'm a little touchy on this subject since I've been called a not to pleasent name by a member of this forum because I did what I wanted to to my '40 p10

Just for reference: my '36 chrysler, long block Lhead w/od as offered from the factory will also drive 70mph all day, only it turns 2600rpm.

"A gent once told me he only drove his car on nice days. I replied that any day in my mopar is a nice day"