Dan's Hemi swap project

Just read the entire build thread. Picked up a few good tips, your truck looks great with the Hemi in it.

That said, you managed o convince me to NOT try and shoe horn my 413/727 into my grandpa's old truck. Think I'll stick with the 230 swap I'd originally planned on. A V8 would be nice but man oh man it sure looks like a migraine in the making.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi dan I like your project I'm working on a 1956 c3 dodge truck with a 354 hemi from a 1956 chrysler with a 8.25 differential wiht 3.55 gear and a 700r4 with a 2500 stall

My motor is not completly rebuilt and I presently work on my frame and the body

You did a great job

if you want to see more go to this link

http://amateurdebeauxchars.forumactif.com/t29628-pick-up-dodge-1955

Bye

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Dan, I have a 50 B2B that I've been working on for a while now. I orginally had a 57 325 c.i. baby hemi with a 4 speed mocked up in my truck, but I decided to use that setup on another project. I recently picked up a 360 and 727 trans, and am determined to finishing the truck very soon. I was just wondering which leaf you removed from the springs to help improve the ride quality. Thanks

• 1 year later...

Looks like it would flow a lot more air than the one I have.

If you measure from the pulley mounting surface to the tips of the blades on the back side...how deep do those blades sit behind the mounting surface?

Did you come up with a good working solution on the cooling? I am unsure wether to go electric or mechanical on the fan.