OT - Disregad Previous Thread - OT

randroid

Folks,

Last week I announced that due to financial constraints, etc., it would be necessary for me to end a twenty-year love-hate relationship with Pigiron (’48 P-15 more-door) and put it on the block. (See “OT - P-15 For Sale - OT”.) Lynn was fired from her job and I was cut to two part-time days\week and we kept seeing doors being slammed in front of us when we thought things were supposed to get easier as you grow older and it was a bit depressing. Couple that with Lynn’s bout with several flavors of cancer two years ago (an exam last month says she’s still in total remission) and my four cardio-vascular surgeries last year (another coming up next Thursday) and gloom has enshrouded us with what has not broken us but brought us close to our knees. My Father-In-Law (a flight engineer during the Burma Hump of WWII and the owner of the duplex where we'll be living for a song) likes my Plymouth and has told us we may keep as many cars as we need to keep but for only so long as we need to keep them all. That sounds fair to me so I guess we (Lynn, myself, and Pigiron) are coming back to the fold of the forum as a family.

(This part is OT but I will chuckle about it for a while to come.)

I had forgotten why I’d decided to paint Pigiron when I did until I remembered that I had scored a complete set of new Robarts rubber five years ago so I went to the ’84 Ford van this afternoon out back of our home where it is stored to pack it for our move. I found a half-dozen chairs I’d brought home from a restaurant to repair before the owner said the chairs would be repaired at no more than five bucks each, so I still have them in the back of the van. I walked out into the fourteen-acre field behind our neighborhood and gathered some rocks that I then put into a two-foot circle far away from any houses. After I got the chairs set in a larger circle around them I made just enough of a fire in the circle of rocks to make it appear as though it had been used as a meeting place. The local newspaper hasn’t yet found it and the local police haven’t yet found me so I’m still in the ‘I think it’s funny’ stage.

Thank you all for your support through this; it has really helped during a trying time.

-Randy

Good to hear you can keep ole Pigiron. Good luck on your procedure, hope thing turn around for you and yours. Maybe you can rent out your contemplation circle for big bucks.

Edited by greg g

Greg.....if that had been a ring of commodes, would it then be a

constipation circle??

Randy, I was reading along, and thought you were going to say you made a

bonfire of those chairs. Glad things are looking up, at least a bit.

The chair thing- Now, I don't care who ya are, that there is funny! And it shows you've got the right disposition to get around your present situation. I say present as this ,too, shall pass. It's good you have support of your family, not to mention being able to keep your favorite ride. Best to you!