• MOPAR
    • GM
    • FORD
    • FOREIGN

Don't know how 'polls' work here either but our three daily drivers are:

2001 Ford Taurus sedan

1998 Chevy Lumina sedan

1994 Mercury Villager minivan

98% of my 'drivers' have come from gov't surplus auctions, so I just buy what I like that looks good at the time.

Next to the make of car you will see a round circle. To vote (enter your answer) simply click on that circle. That will give you the vote. You can only pick one answer, so use the car you drive the most yourself.

• Like 1

My bizzy coupe was my daily driver for about 7 years back in the 1980's & 1990's. Lately it's been my daily driver for the last 2 or three months as my jeep is busted. I've been putting 50 miles or so every day on the old beater since December and aside from blowing a headlight fuse, it's been doin' fine. It's almost indestructible! Except for that time that the Hyundai hit me.

My daily drivers are a 2003 Chev Impala and a 1995 GMC Sonoma. Both have been pretty bullet proof. I have always had good luck with GM for daily drivers and stick with them because of that and the fact I like to buy Canadian (North American) for my cars and both vehicles were built in Canada. However, when it comes to the older cars, I just love the old flathead Mopars as can be seen by what I drive for old cars.

My daily driver is a 2002 Ford Ranger, Edge Stepside P/U, 3.0 V6.

My Wife's is a 2001 GMC, Yukon, 5.3 V8.

The Yukon's 5.3 engine gets better mileage (23) that the Rangers 3.0 engine (18). If I was going to keep working, I'd trade the Ranger in for a full size GM P/U. But the wife said if I bought a new truck I'd have to keep working untill it was paid for, I'm retireing in August so I'll keep the Ferd.

Dennis:mad:

You could find me in any of the below registered/insured cars..

2000 Town and Country

1999 Plymouth Voyage

1996 Chrysler Concorde

1993 Eagle Vision

1991 Dodge Ramcharger

1990 Dodge 250 Customized Van

or on ocassion one of these..but not often..

1966 Sunbeam Tiger

1954 Plymouth Savoy

and if the weather is right and I am in the mood:

1984 Honda Shadow 700

1987 Honda 450 CMX (aka Rebel)

Guest 50Plymouth

What? No AMC ('80's+ for daily driver? :) (or are those grandfathered as Mopar's..)

Today daily driver is our little '02 Saturn. Through college and early marriage a '69 Amx. Saturn was definitely better mileage.

Ryan

Guest Gerhard Tieseler

My daily driver(s) are a choice between '47 Dodge, '59 Edsel, or occasionally a '56 Ford. I don't have to go too far, and I don't have a newer car. Honestly, I can live without one.

My daily driver is a Ford F150, but only because it's a company vehicle. I've never been a Ford fan and there are things on this truck that seem a bid odd, but it saves tearing up my own vehicle. Plus I don't have to pay for the gas. :cool:

Merle

The F150's the company I work for uses have a bad habit of blowing the spark plugs through the hood. :eek: Expensive fix and not warratee covered because they are commercial, or at least that's the spin our guys get.

My actual daily driver for trips under 60 miles one way is my 48 p 15 4 door cab. drips a lot of oil but good driver. I got very lucky last time I timed it- started in 23 temp right off the first turnover this am and has been doing so for several months

Lou

Lou & Gerhard,

I hope you guys didn't vote in the poll. The whole purpose of the poll is to see what type of newer cars 80's & up we use as daily drivers. I think Don Coatney ran a poll sometime ago to see how many people used their old Mopar's as daily drivers. To make this poll work, if you use a car older than 1980 PLEASE DO NOT vote, it will defeat the purpose if you do. We already know at least 99% of the people on the board own an older Mopar.

• Like 1

Norm, my choice in the poll couldn't be picked. Foreign Ford. My daily driver to the train station is a 90 Festiva which was made in Korea, probably by Hyundai. Weekends it's the P24 or the motorsickle.

Norm

In that case, I'd still call your daily driver a Ford because it's wearing the Ford badge on it. Let's face it. Most cars today are world cars regardless of their make because the parts come from all over.

My whole purpose of running this poll was to possibly show why it makes sense for GM to buy Chrysler.

Sadly out of about 258 views, only about 49 people cast a vote in the poll. However, I think it gives the trend I was looking for.

This a Mopar forum and the members all evidently like their Mopar's. Based on that, there should have been far more votes cast for newer Mopar's than only 15 out of 49. It shows me that while we like the old Mopar's, when it comes to new cars we don't buy them for whatever reasoning we may have.

Now, if you look at the numbers it's neck and neck for GM and Mopar combined. If you go by those numbers you have over a 50% market share. If GM was to buy Chrysler their market share for US vehicles would be a lot more than the foreign cars. I think that may be what GM is looking at. After all Toyota is on their door step ready to take over the US market share of vehicles sold right now. A GM and Chrysler merger would give Toyota a big set back in those numbers.

Some may complain about the merger. However, if you go back in the automotive history books this has been going on ever since automobiles first started being made. At one time Dodge was it's own company owned and started by the Dodge Brothers, then Chrysler bought them out. AMC was it's own company and Chrysler bought them out. Willy's was it's own company too at one time as were countless others until a larger company took them over. Having GM buy out Chrysler will possibly preserve the Chrysler name. Since Chrysler Corp. Div. is loosing so much money, Daimler could just decide to cut their losses and to do away with the company altogether. This way there is at least a chance Chrysler will survive.

When it comes to a daily driver, up until a year ago it was a Pontiac...a very reliable and comfortable car I got cheap, which are my requirements. Reliable, comfortable and cheap to buy. Now, I have a Dodge Ram pick-up. Reliable, comfortable and was cheap to buy.

As long as it's domestic, that is what I look for in daily transportation.

The Pontiac was a $600 car which gave me 6 years of trouble free driving, and the engine still runs great.

I have not and never will own Japanese or Korean (or Chinese when that day comes). I have owned British, but they are no good for daily transportation in this climate.

I am a firm believer in BUY DOMESTIC.

Mine - 01 PT Crusier

Wife - 99 300M

Vacations and such - 01 Durango

O.K. I want to retract my vote. I voted 'foreign' because I drive a 1990 GMC Jimmy which was made in the U.S. I live in Canada. I assume that those of you U.S. folks who drive Ford Windstar vans voted 'foreign' since they are made in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. Don't forget that not only is the auto industry 'international' but so is the readership of this forum. The pole should have been more specific as to what it's intent is. :) . Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Phil