What is your job? OT

Don Coatney

This may have come up before but I think it is time to ask again as this has come up on several postings.

What do all of you do for a living?

Personally, I up-grade the machines that shred (dont confuse this with the "MAD MONEY" movie) and count the bank notes (AKA greenbacks) for the Federal Reserve Banks all across the country. That is why I frequently travel. My normal (or abnormal) work schedule is two weeks on the road (or in the air) and one week at home. What do the rest of you do to support this old car hobby or better yet habit??????????

I remember a similar thread about a year ago or so, but there have been many new members since then so I'll play along.

I work for a Volvo Construction Equipment Dealership in Wisconsin. I am our Product Trainer / Technical Support Help Desk / Safety Coordinator / Product Support Sales Represntative / Jack of all Trades / Master of None.

We have 4 stores around the state that I get to regularly.(Madison, Green Bay, Eau Claire, & Butler, where my office is) Plus I also travel around the state, and neighboring states, to assist customers with operator training, technical training, and safety training. I also get to travel to Asheville, NC at least once per year to be trained on new products.

Merle

Well, I worked in an insurance agency fo 23 years. Now retired and just

wait for the $$ to come in the mail......or nowadays, be deposited

in the bank thru the magic of electronics.

Still doing my part time job of playing musc, regularly on Wednesday

nights at a local club, and around the area whenever and wherever

we get hired. My job is playing bass guitar, harmonica, and a couple

of numbers on the washboard.

100_4607.jpg

I am a regional sales manager for Hirose Electric USA. It is the US branch of a Japanese connector manufacturer.

Cover a region which included Southern NV, WY, CO, UT, AZ, NM, TX, OK, AR, LA, MS, AL, Western TN, all Latin (Central / South) America, and I have Global responsibility for Jabil a major electronics contract manufacturer.

So, like Don, I spend a fair amount of time on the road.

I work for a bottled gas distributor in the Ironbound section of Newark N.J. There is on some level, a certain beauty to the sheer ugliness of the area. The place is littered with remnants of once bustling factories which have long since fallen to decay and disrepair. I'm pretty lucky since I get all the jobs that everybody else either can't do or don't want to do since I've been at it for so many years.

I work for a hospital's Environmental Services (fancy term for linen supply, custodial work and customer service;)) but have returned to school to earn a Doctor of Pharmacy. Used to also be a paperboy back when I was 12. That and few other "careers" over the years are really what started funding this addiction. :cool:

I'm a technical support engineer for the HVAC division of Haier America near Edison, NJ. Haier is a huge Chinese company that makes window a/c's, home appliances, TV's, and lots of other products.

Our products are sold by Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Lowes, and many other retailers. I do some over-the-phone tech support to servicers repairing our units (central air, mini-splits, and furnaces), edit manuals, administer the warranty program, work on parts forecasting, etc. It's interestng work, but can drive you nuts when the weather is hot!

I have been retired from the NYS Dept of Corrections for seven years next month. I work during the winter months for the Town of Neversink as a wingman on the Oshkosh snowplows.

Bob

Federal Correctional Officer, In Canada, been posted at Minimum Security prison for 9 years, did time at medium/max type facility first, as well worked at Provincial Medium Security Jail, for a few years, prior to working for the feds, retirement may be 2021......

For the past 7 yrs i was a Heavy Equipment Mechanic for a fortune 500 rock and sand co before the economy took a dump! And i have had 2 auto restoration shops before that and still continue to do restos and other fab work with my sons. been doing body and paint now for the past 35 years.

PS Don, is that why you are so grumpy, always having to shred more than you take home!:eek::D

I work for The Hartford as a auto damage appraiser . I've been there for about 11yrs now and cant wait for my retirement .... 16yrs from now :) ... I've been around cars my entire life starting as a autoglass mech , working at a bodyshop to where im at now . Would like to some day open up my own bodyshop ..

Mike

I retired as a Senior Customer Service Engineer (service tech) after 21 years with Xerox (2005). While doing that, in my spare time, I was a Reserve Sgt with the Sheriff Dept for 17 years (1982-1999). And before all that, I worked in a carbide shop (Kennametal) for almost 20 years (until they closed the shop in 1982). Just can't seem to hold a job.