E3 Spark Plugs?

PodSquad48

Hi PodSquad,You got me curious about the E3 spark plugs (hadn't heard of them) so I checked their web page -appears you don't set the gap with these -the cross to a 45R looks like an E3.52. Personally I would stick with the AC plugs.

http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/diamondfire.htm

They do have a listing for a 1948 Dodge. Same motor.

The Autolite A7 cross reference is an Autolite 295.

Hope this helps.

P.S. If you get a younger kid behind the counter, politely ask for an older gent and they are usually more helpful. (and that is very hard for me to admit because I am only 26.) If you can't find stuff, tell them to bust out the catalogs under the counter.

E3 plugs are a pattended design electrode that focuses on fuel burn. The E3 name is derived from Energy, Efficiency and Ecology.

These plugs are supposed to give any car added fuel economy, and increased performance. I personally no nothing about them, other then they came stock in my lawn mower, that offers 1 pull starting. Anytime a new plug comes on the market I remember the old Splitfire name, and how many pistons got holes burned in them because of there hot burn.

The only way to tell for sure is to try them, and see if they work. The old adige misery loves company will cause alot of exagerated claims, and as with any new product, Marketing is key to its success.

I am a diehard Autolite fan.

[back in the 1970s,,,,my dad ran plugs that were gap less,,had no gap they were from JC WHITNEY,, i think they were called fire injectors,, or some thign like that,, my memory isnt what it use to be,,,, these plugs ran hot also, i had never heard of the spit fire problems,, but was thinking here comes this E3 deal,,,,im tempted to try them in my super charged car,,,

any way the JC WHITNEY fire injectors did damage to the heads in my dads warmed up VW,, never had head problems after going back to a standard plug,,,,:cool:

,/COLOR]

i may try the E3 in my super charged car,just for the heck of it,,but i agree,,if it sounds to good to be true,, it probably is,,,

also think about this,,,all these items they try to sell on TV,, to produce higher fuel mileage,,the tornado,,,E3 plugs,,some fuel additive,,,if any of those really worked,, the car makers would be using them on the assembly line,,they too have to average out a certian fuel mileage over all from there smallest vehicles to there biggest gas guzzling trucks,,:cool: