dual carb linkage on right side of carburetor, any one have pics

n1gzd_plymouth

Pete, same thing with mine, I just removed them as quick as I could and then did the valve adjustments

Too bad... it would be so much easier if they just stood off the block a tad more.

I'm due for a valve adjustment, and I'm dreading it. I'm not only going to have to pull the intake and exhaust out, but the heater and heater duct too. I can't even get my hand down in there as it is...

underhood3.jpg

When I get the manifolds off, I think I'm going to try and replace the thumb-bolts for the tappet covers with studs and nuts. I think I may be able to get the covers on and off if I don't have to pull out the long bolt which is right behind one of the header tubes. If this works, I will put the manifolds back on, and then do the valve adjustment hot.

Pete

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought mine was a pain to do, but yours with the heater box would not be fun at all

Too bad... it would be so much easier if they just stood off the block a tad more.

I'm due for a valve adjustment, and I'm dreading it. I'm not only going to have to pull the intake and exhaust out, but the heater and heater duct too. I can't even get my hand down in there as it is...

underhood3.jpg

When I get the manifolds off, I think I'm going to try and replace the thumb-bolts for the tappet covers with studs and nuts. I think I may be able to get the covers on and off if I don't have to pull out the long bolt which is right behind one of the header tubes. If this works, I will put the manifolds back on, and then do the valve adjustment hot.

Pete

I meant the bracket. I think this one is from a 25incher...

Moose, I am not sure i understand. I assume that you don't mean the bracket that I already have (that no longer has a place to mount).

Can you please help me understand what you are referring to?

Thanks,

Rebecca

I've got a stock linkage kinda like yours, that you can use to make a new linkage(and save your original stuff) I'm sure we could mount it to the side of your new manifold somehow.

I see. I will let you know. If there is a way to bolt it to the manifold then there would be all kinds of ways to do this (including just fabricating something).

I will let you know, thanks, for the offer.

I am kind of squeamish about the idea of drilling any holes in that manifold (don't want to).

Rebecca

If you are going to fabricate plates that go under the carb, the rear one could be made large enough to facilitate mounting the bell crank bracket. Or you might try to use a couple of manifold studs. Remember the rods are going to need to be modified as the postion of the rear carb will be closer to the fire wall than the center mounted single carb

if you look at one of the posted pics with the red engine, the plate under the carbs are fairly simple using heim hoints to carry the linkage rod.

The rear plate could perform a similar funtion to carry the bracket.

Edited by greg g