???

55 Fargo

Hey all, I have a Canadian 1955 Fargo1/2 ton frame, complete with engine, trans and later model Cordoba rear end, front end is decent.

Now I am wondering what years of Ddoge or Fargo truck cabs and boxes may fit on this frame, anybody know?

I may possibly be able to get a 49 Dodge 1/2 ton cab, will it fit on the 1955 Fargo frame?

This will be my next project possibly, the engine is a 228 Canuck long block, runs well....Thanx Fred

Fred here is a street rod that I think started out life as a 54. The cab and front fenders look very similar to the pilot house trucks. I would think if it doesnt fit exactly that they probably didnt change much that it couldn't be made to fit.

P1010009.jpg

Thanx Ed, I hope to find some cab for this truck, and boxof course. This will be a hot rod truck, but with the flathead hopped up. I think I will leave the Chrysler more or less OEM as she is now, except some upgrades as need be. But if I get the truck, it will be spiced up...Fred

Fred the box is easy. Get the cab and front clip going first. The box can be adapted pretty easily. The truck above has earlier pilot house style fenders or possibly just boat trailer type fenders.

Come down to visit this is sitting in a junkyard here

DSC00313.jpg

Fred that one has the box and rear fenders your 55 would have had. Those rear fenders were used from 54 into the 80s

Hi Ed, and thanks Johnny, just on a recon mission right now, do not have tons of extra cash to think about buying that Colorado truck.

I want to see what I can do with this frame, looks like this will be not too bad.

This summer will bring frame home, then will clean it and engine up and paint, will look for a next to nothing deal on the body parts, good luck to me on that one.

So I apologize for being a trifler at the moment, but want to see where I can go with the 55 chassis I have, looks like it may be a good project.

Heck my 47 Chrysler ain't finsihed yet, and I am already looking at the next project.....LOL

Thats a sign of a true car guy Fred. I've been doing the same thing with my "40 plymouth pickup". I put it in quotes since it isn't even close to resembling a truck yet. When I was in high school Dad bought a 40 pickup too which is being restored. He and I drug a parts truck out of a junkyard in southern MN. A few years later I decided I was going to try and put that parts truck on the road again. Since then I've been buying up parts for it as I found them. Now I've got just about everything and even though all I may end up using from the 40 is the serial # tag and the hood ornament its still that same project.

This is a '53 (B4B) model. In '54 the cabs changed slightly. The instrument panels changed and they went with a solid glass windshield. Then some time in '55 the cab changed again. The late '55 and '56 cabs have wrap around windshield with vertical "A" posts, and I believe that's also when they went to a 1 piece wrap around rear window. The '54 - '56 models are the "C" Series trucks.

Borrowed from the DEPTCA site.

A '54

_00004.jpg

An early '55

_00003.jpg

A '55 with the newer design cab and a custom grill

_00001.jpg

Edited by Merle Coggins