108 Spring shackles part numbers

Ok, I have trouble locating the part numbers for spring shackles of my Chrysler Fargo 108A or also called 108FN i think...

I have this download link http://dodgepilothouseclub.org/know/Australian_Truck_manual/australian.htm

it shows the item, http://dodgepilothouseclub.org/know/Australian_Truck_manual/aus10-11.pdf

but it does not give me any part numbers.

I need the whole set front and rear bushes , these are screw in types bushes, i want to order but they require part nrs..

Anyone can help would be great.

Cheers Ryan :D

Not sure if a U.S. source will help but rare parts http://www.rareparts.com/ seems to have what you're looking for.

These are their numbers, I'll look in other parts books and see if I can get original numbers.

35290 SPRING BOLT KIT, Front Of Front, BOLT and BUSHING

35417 SILENT U SHACKLE, Right Rear Of Front

35420 SILENT U SHACKLE, Left Rear Of Rear

35516 SILENT U SHACKLE, Left Rear Of Front

35519 SILENT U SHACKLE, Right Rear Of Rear 35417.jpg

original U.S. part numbers if they will help:

I came up with two numbers for front, not sure which are correct:

1243 721 Shackle, front right

1243 722 Shackle, front left

1263 044 Shackle with bushing, front right

1263 045 Shackle with bushing, front left

-------------------------------------------

1315 044 Shackle with bushing, rear right

1315 502 shackle with bushing, rear left

Wow Bob!

thanks for that, the whole lot is worn out and has to be replaced. This gives me something to start with. I presume ( sure I think) that the shackels are USA/Canadian and not of an australian make. I just have finished the chassis so this will be the first thing to go back on. Next I need to find shock absorbers...:D

original U.S. part numbers if they will help:

I came up with two numbers for front, not sure which are correct:

1243 721 Shackle, front right

1243 722 Shackle, front left

1263 044 Shackle with bushing, front right

1263 045 Shackle with bushing, front left

-------------------------------------------

1315 044 Shackle with bushing, rear right

1315 502 shackle with bushing, rear left

Bob, I tried to get into that site but had trouble finding the page.

Can you send me the link from the page?

thanks ryan

Not sure if a U.S. source will help but rare parts http://www.rareparts.com/ seems to have what you're looking for.

These are their numbers, I'll look in other parts books and see if I can get original numbers.

35290 SPRING BOLT KIT, Front Of Front, BOLT and BUSHING

35417 SILENT U SHACKLE, Right Rear Of Front

35420 SILENT U SHACKLE, Left Rear Of Rear

35516 SILENT U SHACKLE, Left Rear Of Front

35519 SILENT U SHACKLE, Right Rear Of Rear 35417.jpg

I have not fully checked a US parts book but some Australian parts numbers do crossover to the Canadian manuals. Others however do not, and that can make things a bit confusing as I found out awhile ago with king pins.

The shakle parts themselves are the same no matter no matter where is was made.

Check the US parts manuals on the DPETCA site and quote those numbers to a supplyer in the US.

Bob, whats the deal with Chrysler and thn Dodge.. What do I have? A Dodge Fargo or a Chrysler fargo.. confused as most of you dont even mention the word Chrysler, its always Dodge. So should I call my truck a Dodge fargo or a Chrysler fargo..

Hey Tony, Thanks for that! I do get confused!:eek:

If you see my photos (profile) you see also that the model is called an FN 108 which is also a 108 A , duh..? And then getting parts numbers? I found a guy in Wagga , waggatractorparts.com who may be able to help me here, but is asking for parts numbers.. so this is why i am going true all of this!

Have a great New Year!

I have not fully checked a US parts book but some Australian parts numbers do crossover to the Canadian manuals. Others however do not, and that can make things a bit confusing as I found out awhile ago with king pins.

The shakle parts themselves are the same no matter no matter where is was made.

Check the US parts manuals on the DPETCA site and quote those numbers to a supplyer in the US.

Bob, whats the deal with Chrysler and thn Dodge.. What do I have? A Dodge Fargo or a Chrysler fargo.. confused as most of you dont even mention the word Chrysler, its always Dodge. So should I call my truck a Dodge fargo or a Chrysler fargo..

Its neither, its a Fargo or a Dodge. (though it is only badge engineering)

The Chrysler name is for cars.

Basicly there are few differences between the FN 108 and the 108A. However the FN108 is a 1950 Canadian import, assembled in Austarlia.

The 108A was built out of left over Canadian parts in 1953 beside the 108B which was the start of the Australian built truck which has several differences.

What are your tag numbers on the firewall. (or have you sent me them before and I`v lost them)

I am just ordering some for myself for a 48 Fargo

found them at

Dodge City Truck Parts

RR#5 Sunderland,

Ontario, Canada

L0C 1H0

Phone 905 985 0869

fax 905 985 9255

e-mail randrent1@gmail.com

www.antiquedodgeparts.com

not very good web site but if you phone the guy can rattle off the part numbers for you

He will send you a cataloge it better than the web site

Good Luck

BERT

I assume everyone by now has seen the news releases, (and commercials on BCS National Championship game last night) that Chrysler is dropping the Dodge brand for the Ram trucks. It sounds like Ram will go solo brand, and dealerships are being asked to segregate the brand from there other Chrysler/Dodge vehicles. For me personally, Dodge has a strong image, but apparently someone at Chrysler wants to distance themselves between the two.

Just bought gas charged shocks today from nappa for 48 Fargo

Part #94008 Front

Compressed length 12.00 inch

Extended legth 19.5 inch

Travel length 7.50 inch

$31.00

Part #94038 Rear

Compressed length 11.25 inch

Extended legth 17.875 inch

Travel length 6.625

on order can't remember price but said they were a little cheaper

I assume everyone by now has seen the news releases, (and commercials on BCS National Championship game last night) that Chrysler is dropping the Dodge brand for the Ram trucks. It sounds like Ram will go solo brand, and dealerships are being asked to segregate the brand from there other Chrysler/Dodge vehicles. For me personally, Dodge has a strong image, but apparently someone at Chrysler wants to distance themselves between the two.

I heard that a couple of weeks ago. I was hoping I had heard it wrong.

Merle

Tag numbers? , only found 2 plates...

Its neither, its a Fargo or a Dodge. (though it is only badge engineering)

The Chrysler name is for cars.

Basicly there are few differences between the FN 108 and the 108A. However the FN108 is a 1950 Canadian import, assembled in Austarlia.

The 108A was built out of left over Canadian parts in 1953 beside the 108B which was the start of the Australian built truck which has several differences.

What are your tag numbers on the firewall. (or have you sent me them before and I`v lost them)

post-6484-13585352984823_thumb.jpg

post-6484-13585353011696_thumb.jpg

Hi, whats "Nappa" ??

Just bought gas charged shocks today from nappa for 48 Fargo

Part #94008 Front

Compressed length 12.00 inch

Extended legth 19.5 inch

Travel length 7.50 inch

$31.00

Part #94038 Rear

Compressed length 11.25 inch

Extended legth 17.875 inch