looking for a mtached set of a connecting rods

michael.warshaw

This thread has more twists and turns than Russian Hill (I think that is the name) in San Francisco which I actually drove down on my honeymoon in 1975 in a rented VW bug. I believe it is now closed to traffic.

Edited by RobertKB

isnt that lombardi street???

I googled it and it is Lombard Street which is part of the neigbourhood of Russian Hill. I think that is right but I stand to be corrected as I got the information from Wikpedia and you know how accurate/inaccurate that can be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Hill,_San_Francisco

So, did you get a set of connecting rods? 218 or 230? How is the engine rebuild coming along? Are you still looking for an overdrive? What's the weather like in New York? How old are you?

will be purchasing rods, and crank from shell, making it a 230, rebuild is at a hault my block is completely apart waiting on parts. i am still looking for a od unit and fly wheel. weather in the big apple today reached 51 degrees here on 21st and madison ave, atleast my BMW temp guage said so. and middle aged, below 42 above 32, anything else KB? I feel like im on a date.

Anyone got a Timken R300 double reduction 2 speed rear end for my old Dodge FB so I don't have to look for a bigger engine or a OD?

Bob

with all due respect Michael but if you were to slow down on your questions and read the answers you have already received to this reponse you would have all the answers as this was covered very early in this post..

besides..did you not say the block was getting bored? if so then your question is irrelevant and your machinst will know the slugs you need to install..I do not know any machinsist that will bore the block without the slugs on hand

Edited by Tim Adams

with all due respect Michael but if you were to slow down on your questions and read the answers you have already received to this reponse you would have all the answers as this was covered very early in this post..

besides..did you not say the block was getting bored? if so then your question is irrelevant and your machinst will know the slugs you need to install..I do not know any machinsist that will bore the block without the slugs on hand

slugs?

your machinist should inspect the engine and will tell you the size he will need to bore to clean the cylinder....and you may even find a machinisht that will bore to within a few thousands of that bore just to ensure a clean cylinder to be sure...but every machinist I have ever had to bore the blocks requires the pistons up front to ensure the final fit which is a hone finish will match the slugs you bought...