looking for a mtached set of a connecting rods

michael.warshaw

Dad and I also picked this one up for $100 out of a 52. Wasn't much fun laying under there pulling it out. Between us I think we have 5 and I know where there is a 6th one I'm hoping to get for my own 48.

DSC00160.jpg

Joe you don't think those are OSHA approved drums? They were our "jackstands" incase the chain gave. And the ODs aren't really laying around Dad just has that many cars.

Michael,

You might want to click on "Return to P15-D24.Com" in the grey band above and then go to the "Downloads" section. There you can access a copy of the Borg Warner Overdrive manual that includes an explanation of the operation of the transmission.

Jim Yergin

:P

Joe you don't think those are OSHA approved drums? They were our "jackstands" incase the chain gave. And the ODs aren't really laying around Dad just has that many cars.

Just curious what OSHA stands for as it appears freqently in the crosswords I do each morning. Now maybe I'll increase my knowledge base! Thanks in advance. Once again this thread takes another turn!:P

They are the multi billion dollar federal department that is in charge of slips, falls, and black and yellow striped tape around machinery with moving parts.

Really? I thought they were in charge of hidering production and making your workplace safe for those who have no common sense.

OSHA Guidelines for Handling of Humorous Materials

All posts containing humorous, sarcastic, parodical, and/or satirical passages, or any other post not intended to be taken seriously must be labeled prominently in the header as follows:

a. The Subject header must contain at some point, the string "HA!".

b. The Keywords line shall contain a summary of the hazard levels present in the post, ranked on a scale of 0-4 in the following categories, in the order: humor, sarcasm, satire:

0 -- No hazard

1 -- Slight hazard

2 -- Moderate hazard

3 -- Extreme hazard

4 -- Critical hazard

c. The Summary line shall contain any specific notices of hazard as required under local and state laws.

d. In a satirical or parodical post, a disclaimer should be present in the header to avoid confusion.

All humorous, sarcastic, parodical, or satirical remarks within the body of a post must be clearly labeled as follows:

a. Preceded by a clearly-worded warning ten (10) lines in advance.

b. Preceded by a clearly-worded warning one (1) line in advance.

c. Preceded immediately by not less than three (3) smileys of a commonly acceptable variety compliant with Smiley Code paragraph 4, subparagraph b.

d. Followed immediately by not less than three (3) smileys of a commonly acceptable variety compliant with Smiley Code paragraph 4, subparagraph b.

Hazards shall be defined as follows:

a. No hazard: Found to contain no more than 1.5 times background contamination levels in no less than two (2) independent tests.

b. Slight hazard: Contamination exists in amounts greater than 1.5 times background levels, yet have been deemed insufficient in no less than two (2) independent tests to be capable of bodily harm during casual exposure.

c. Moderate hazard: Significant risk of bodily harm due to prolonged and/or excessive exposure and/or slight risk of bodily harm due to casual exposure, as determined in no less than two (2) independent tests.

d. Extreme hazard: Significant risk of bodily harm due to casual exposure, as determined in no less than two (2) independent tests.

e. Critical hazard: Significant risk of bodily harm due to ANY exposure not compliant with any and all codes pertaining to the handling of hazardous materials.

Those posts containing materials deemed critical hazards must not be handled except by trained personnel in compliance with any and all codes pertaining to the handling of hazardous materials.

Rollie, Consider this your notice of non complience. Your post was lacking any warning tags, notes, or headers. While I found some of the entries somwhat humorous, and over all it was not that funny, it was the funiest thing I have encountered so far today. As such it should have been tagged.

Before I go further (farther) I need to be informed as to whether sarcasim needs to be tagged/marked also.

Hey Joe,

what are you doing with the same tires as me?

From another thread I bookmarked Don's photobucket folders page:

http://smg.photobucket.com/home/DonCoatney/allalbums

(and feel kinda gay for doing so) and looked at your folder (perhaps even more gay)

when I see we have the same dang tires on our cars! Did you pay like ~$40

per tire @ NTB? I bought the 205/75-15 and then returned them when I saw the 215's were cheaper. Created my own white walls but that another story in itself.

oh, and Don misspelled your name.

post-6335-13585353057023_thumb.jpg

post-6335-13585353057716_thumb.jpg

post-6335-13585353058569_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rollie���

Hey Joe,

what are you doing with the same tires as me?

From another thread I bookmarked Don's photobucket folders page:

http://smg.photobucket.com/home/DonCoatney/allalbums

(and feel kinda gay for doing so) and looked at your folder (even more gay)

when I see we have the same dang tires on our cars! Did you pay like ~$40

per tire @ NTB? I bought the 205/75-15 and then returned them when I saw the 215's were cheaper. Created my own white walls but that another story in itself.

oh, and Don misspelled your name.

hey rollie, Im interested in your white wall creation....post some pics and show me how you did it! I want to do the same....

Mack, posolehmmmm.,its late but I got taste buds!

baby goat time Frankie! I got to get some cabrito this weekend! sure is good. Posole is good too. I had some recently made from chicken and it was good and healtier (I think...) or maybe tamales.....:D

when don c posted about his 255 engine, why would he put that into a p15? is that much more horse power?

I did so because I wanted to and I had the skills and resources to do so. With my Desoto engine, T-5 transmission, and Dodge Charger differential I can easily cruise at 70+ MPH all day long and my engine is only turning 2200 RPM's. I have driven my car with this setup around 30,000 miles including trips to Tulsa, Detroit, Washington DC, Charlotte, NC, and other remote locations. In my opinion the extra cubic inches are worth the effort.

I didn't know you had a Dodge Charger differential, Don. Somehow I missed that part of your rebuild project.

RE my tires, I think I just went and bought a middle of the road radial that was the correct size. I needed to be able to roll it around. At the time it had four flat, dry-rotted tires. A friend with a 4X4 pulled it out of the garage it had been sitting in for 20 years and it just skidded along the ground. I don't think any of the wheels turned. These may not be THE tires for my car but I'll use them during the break-in period and see how they do.