Norman Milliner (Norm's Coupe) has past away.

Thomas Russom

I have received much good advice from this gentleman without ever asking him a question or even speaking with him. It says alot about a man that is always willing to share his knowledge and skills with people he doesn't even know. He is one of many many on this forum. Sadly, there is now 1 less. Rest in Peace.

That sums it up for me too. Norm was one of the 'elders' of this forum who was always ready to share his knowledge and advice, not least of all with 'newbies' like me, even from the other side of the world.

With just under 7000 posts to his name (on the 'new' forum at least), Norm is gonna surely be missed by us all.:(

Life is short fellas.

My sincere condolences to his family.

Rob - Cairns, Australia.

I sent an email to Norm's Wife Mary, she is very touched by our condolences and concerns. She was worried about how she would let us all know here on P15 D24, and she was glad someone let us all know. She and Norm's family are in mourning, and of course very saddened, by Norm's sudden passsing, it almost seems surrreal.

I at first thought this thread was a bad joke, Norm will definately be missed,and it will not be the same without him............Fred

Here is a Norm's Obituary, From the Milwaukee Sentinel,

Norman G. Milliner Sr.

Milliner, Norman G., Sr. Passed away unexpectedly on Dec. 30, 2009, at the age of 65. Beloved husband of Mary. Loving father of Cynthia (Rodney) Crane and Norman Milliner Jr. Dear stepfather of Mark Nelson. Proud grandfather of Nicole Eberhardt. Cherished son of Norma Leanhart. Brother of Stanley (Colleen) Milliner and the late Robert (Ingrid) Milliner. Brother-in-law of John (Gail) Morgan. Further survived by other relatives and friends. Norman was a veteran of the U.S. Army. He loved classic cars including his 1948 Plymouth Coupe. Norman owned and operated Nor-Mar Enterprises. Visitation Mon., Jan. 4, at Wisconsin Memorial Park Chapel of the Chimes (13235 West Capitol Dr., Brookfield) from 10:30 AM until the time of service and military honors at 12:30 PM.

I've been reading Norm's posts on this forum for ten years... It's hard to believe so much time has passed. Norm had a way with words that made me shake my head, chuckle, and laugh out loud. Most of all, he made me smile on a daily basis. I could tell as I read through the posts in a thread which ones were from Norm before I read the name of the poster, by his attitude, catch phrases, and occasional barbs tossed out at Don C. Norm was a terrific sport, had a great sense of humor, and always a gentleman. Though I never met him in person, I feel like I knew him well. This place won't be the same without Norm, he will be sorely missed.

Without leaving the driveway, you finished the BIG race first Norm, Godspeed my friend. (ps, you still own Don and I lunch...;))

Pete

Maybe at long last Norm is now pain free. I remember how he talked about the arthritis in his hands and shoulders. The pain from turning the steering wheel in tight places probably took much of the pleasure out of driving his coupe, I know that we all took shots at him for only driving his car back and forth in the drivway. I am sure that just shifting from first to second when the transmission was cold must have been a chore for him with the arthritis in his shoulders so the only pleasure he might have gotten out of his car was to just sit in it while parked in the driveway. Well I guess we will never know why he seldom drove his coupe.

I want to let you know our family truly appreciates the condolences and prayers from you all. This morning I printed out the posts and brought it with us to the services. This truly meant a great deal to my family.

It made me chuckle reading thru some of the posts about the bantering and the starting of his conversations with "Well...you know".

Again, Thank you all. My dad is in a better place.

Cynthia

I want to let you know our family truly appreciates the condolences and prayers from you all. This morning I printed out the posts and brought it with us to the services. This truly meant a great deal to my family.

It made me chuckle reading thru some of the posts about the bantering and the starting of his conversations with "Well...you know".

Cynthia

Your Dad was a good man, he always took time to answer questions, set some wrongs right, and was not afraid to give his opinion or advice ona broad range of topics, he answered a lot of my ???s via email.

All the regulars on here all knew and liked Norm, we will miss him very much as your family certainly will.

I hope you look after or find a nice home for his beloved Coupe, although he did not drive his car asmuch as some of us on here do, he sure made a nice job of her, and looked after her well.

All the Best to your family, as Greg said, it will take a while for your Dad's death to sink in around here, as I am sure it will with you..........Take care Fred

Edited by Rockwood

Very , very sad news . Our condolences go out to Norm's family . Cant add anything that hasn't already been said , but this forum just won't be the same without him . You will be sorely missed ..... may you RIP brother ......

Mike

Cynthia

Cynthia;

Thanks for responding to this thread. I am glad all our comments brought pleasure to your family as for years your dad brought pleasure to us on this forum.

Life ia so delecate and way too short.

I hope the better place where your dad now resides has napkins on the table. In Norm's own words "Well... you know if there are a roll of paper towels on the table and no napkins I will get up and walk out"

I'm shocked and near speechless. Norm was a true neighbor in every sense. I bought my dodge when I was fresh out of high school in 1996. It was that next summer in '97 that Norm and I met when I purchased a rear end from him. Out of our two bad differentials we came up with one good one - I'm 31 now and that axle is still in the car today and has thousands of miles on it. Norm was always willing to help, offering parts, tools, and guidance; and I feel I owe much of the pleasure my Dodge has brought to me and my family to him. I thank you, Norm; You will be truly missed.