Norman Milliner (Norm's Coupe) has past away.

Thomas Russom

Yes our boy Norm was a man among men, easy going but steadfast as the wall of China..opinionated, yes but took the time to telll you why..he was quick witted, picked on at times beyond what most folks could stand and in truth I think he loved it..it is hard to imagine that the driveway is now behind him, that he is no longer reading these pages through his rose colored glasses. I aways looked forward to reading Norm's take on any and all threads that appeared. There is no one here that could take his place...I will never again be abe to eat blackberry cobbler without thinking of his kind thanks for sending him the recipe, or turn on my old antique radio without thinking of his collection of old sets. He will not be forgotten...!

Norm always was pleasant and we talked a few times. Exchanged emails on our common arthritis ailments and cures,,,of which he didnt believe in.

My puter harddrive got ate by a virus so first time since Christmas I have been able to be on. This is the second puter friend in two weeks to pass away suddenly. Moral is- dont be my friend!!

There never will be another Norm for all his wisdom and strength. May his friends and FAMILY be consoled, he is in a better place!! (and missed here!!)

My favorite Normism was his staunch belief that NOS perishables should be used as display items rather than being mounted in or on your car.

Fuel lines, brake linings, assorted rubber, etc. You shouldn't trust these items on your car they are not safe, nothing has a 60 year shelf life:DActually that line should have started with..."I wouldn't"....."I never"....or "I don't understand why anyone would,".

So long Norm, see ya later.

I want to let you know our family truly appreciates the condolences and prayers from you all. This morning I printed out the posts and brought it with us to the services. This truly meant a great deal to my family.

It made me chuckle reading thru some of the posts about the bantering and the starting of his conversations with "Well...you know".

Again, Thank you all. My dad is in a better place.

Cynthia

My condolences Cynthia. I can`t beleive it..... I was sitting in my chair bantering in messages when I ran across this thread... and now I`m sitting here bawling my eyes out.... and this for a man I never met, but am proud to call a friend... that is how much he touched me, both with his OT conversations as with his knowledge of the cars we love. RIP Norm....

Allan

Cindy, I see you are up and reading your Dad's thread early. I am glad you have another place like this to go to for remberances, and memories of your Father.

I wish you and yours many happy days and fond memories ahead.

Frankie

Frankie-

I have been going thru some of his older posts as well as coming back to this thread. It does help. I am glad he found this forum, from the posts it appears it brought him a lot of happiness and many friends from around the country and around the world.

For sure Frankie and with all of the teasing he received it just shows how good he was. I regret I didn't take some time to go meet him when we were in Oconomowoc.

You know he was teased unmercifully about just driving his coupe back and forth in the driveway, and he never once complained about his arthritis causing him so much pain in the hands and shoulders when trying to turn the steering wheel when parked or going very slow. Also the motion to shift from first to second must have caused him much pain. He just took it all and went his on way with no excuses.

it is always strange to experience how the new media and internet stuff is capable of getting people linked to each other.

i did not know Norm personally, not even a litlle bit, but still it touches my heart and leaves a sense of loss with me when i read that he has passed on.

it always sounds pathetic when you say or write this, but still it is meant that way:

my thoughts are with him and the ones he loved.

i like the thought that being on a forum like this and getting to know other people through it makes all these my thoughts possible, because i guess it might be important for you to be thought of when you've gone.

...the POC National in Wisconsin and one of the reasons was to finally meet Norm. I feel terrible that I didn't make it. What a character! I've bounced ideas off him, had light hearted arguments and received a great deal of help from Norm over the past 6 years or so. It was always fun to read Norms posts (there were many of them). I will miss his rebuttals as much as his passion for old Plymouths. I wish him well in the after life and send my condolences to his family.

This comes as very surprising and sad news. Norm always gave me very helpful advice, and I even purchased some parts from him. He was a very nice man. He will greatly be missed on here. My condolences to he and his family during this sad time of mourning.:(

• 7 years later...

It's been a long time since I have been on the forum.  Tonight, I came here looking for a solution for my P15 and found this 7 year old thread.  I'm beyond saddened that Norm is gone.  He gave me many good reads back in the years when I was here multiple times a day!  

48 minutes ago, JerryinTx said:

It's been a long time since I have been on the forum.  Tonight, I came here looking for a solution for my P15 and found this 7 year old thread.  I'm beyond saddened that Norm is gone.  He gave me many good reads back in the years when I was here multiple times a day!  

I hear yah Brother Norm Milliner was a good man, and always had time for me whether it was on here or email or telephone calls.

He was from Milwaukee, but was raised In Louisville Kentucky.

I spoke with his wife Mary after his death to express my condolences, and found some time to tel Mary, he will be missed on this forum.

Norm was a good sport, as a few were always taking "pokes" at him, for his driveway P15 drives, and other things, Norm took it all in stride, and had a witty comment back to those who were taking potshots at him.

Norm you are gone but not forgotten, as a few others like Grey Beard Dave Erb, RIP guys........

• Like 2