Offenhauser 2691 Intake

Thomba48

Hi,

given flathead 6 some boost (and hopefully more mileage per gallon) without really having to rebuild everything I was contemplating to:

using the above intake

adding two carbs

Now a) what is your verdict to the above intake B) anything better ideally even cheaper on the market c) what carbs would you be going for - after all I need two and therefore would have to buy two of the same

As always - little help with my current knowledge level but nevertheless less appreciative towards all your insights and help.

Thom

I am running the Offy intake with 2 Carter/Webber 2 Barrels. These are progressive carbs with running on the primaries mainly.

I did a 836 mile round trip from Dallas to the HAMB Drags in Joplin Mo. and averaged 19.98 MPG.

There are other twin carb intakes out there from Fenton, Edmunds and others but are scarce and priced accordingly. Others modify the stock intake with a carb on either side of the current carb location after blocking it off. You could also go with a custom built intake from tubing. "Moose" on here builds intakes of this style.

I am sure you will get about as many different opinions on this as there are responses to your question. :rolleyes:

Here is mine.

270929046_af3NA-S.jpg

Edited by hkestes41

I use the Offy and it's a good fit and less money than the Edmunds or other vintage aluminums. The kit comes with fuel line and fittings, and a basic linkage kit included. I run two stock type Ball & Ball carbs. It runs great, although on my 53 it has a tendency to boil fuel in the float bowls in hot summer weather. Probably due to the alcohol content in the local gasoline. I'd like to try the Carter Webers or Holley Webers some day, when time and money permit. I get around 15 mpg average.

post-64-13585352863644_thumb.jpg

Edited by Normspeed