The sunny side of life

Normspeed

thanks to this site,,, I now know WHAT my car is ,,, not just a '48 dodge,,, but a 4 door TOWN SEDAN that has been chopped... no wonder !!!

I enjoyed this forum for several years before I ever joined. I can still easily while away an evening just sifting through the old post by search topic. While I still don't post a lot, I am glad I finally became a member, and can throw a little out in the mix, time to time.

Several guys in particular have helped me getting parts together for my Dodge truck, not the least of which is Dale Uhrich, who has been absolutely staright up in every dealing, and gone out of his way to get me things. I got a nice back glass from Reg Evans, who I have come to believe might well really be Mr. Haney, the old peddler off Green Acres, who always told Mr. Douglas what it was he needed, then go on to explain he just happened to have one of those for sale, right out on the truck.....

One thing that stands out is that most of the guys on here are decent guys that don't hesitate to help out when they can. New members are given a warm welcome, and plenty of good help and advice, whether they accept and make good use of, being up to them. Seems like the crasser element come and go rather quickly, probably due to what I think is the "birds of a feather" theory in application. Seems like most of the guys have more in common than just the cars, and are mostly fair minded, and have generally good senses of humour.

Even at that, I think you are always going to have a few personality clashes that get to the edgy point from time to time, and that is ok too, as long as it doesn't become too ugly, or vindictive. Even the HAMB is trying to police their forum better, and are deleting "drama" post, ect., which is good, but it is a total waste of the webmaster's time to have to be babysitting that way. Easily gets back to the same old deal where a few bad apples can mess it up for eveybody. Joel

Edited by JoelOkie

Got a P-15/D24 or a close facsimile,you are at the right place.

First, what do you have , what's your problem, and what do you want to accomplish.

Next , where are you located. (help might be just around the corner.)

Next, nasties, and BS do no speed up answers, and only add to superfluous

dialogue that extendes the thread.

The answer givers are here, and, I as others, are thankful for that.

48 still running great, and the 34 holding it's own.

AL