Old Plymouth in movies

Normspeed

I have quite a few serials on tapes that are full of old cars and auto chases. I have noticed that often times when a car careens off of a cliff and blows up or plunges into a river, it is a different car than the car that is being chased. Also some of these scenes are repeated in other serials but it is entertainment at it's best I think. One of my favorites is "King Of The Rocket Men" from 1949. King, our crime fighting hero flies through the air with a rocket pack on the back of his leather jacket. In this serial there is a '37 Chrysler Royal sedan (I think) and a '38 Chrysler big sedan with side mounted spares. If you like old cars in films, these serials will be your cup of tea.

Happy Holidays too all:).

John R

Rodney, I think the most reliable way to get rid of the wife is to move out. Just ask Scott Peterson. Remember "Psycho," when Anthony Perkins rolls the car into the swamp with Janet Leigh inside? There was a tense moment when it looked like it wasn't going to go all the way under.

Hey Joe that was a 1957 ford too:mad: that's my favarite car.

Thelma and louise driving that T-bird over the cliff, just unamerican.

:P Let's try to be more sensitive in the new year, rent cars and cut the brake lines;)

Hey Joe that was a 1957 ford too:mad: that's my favarite car.

Thelma and louise driving that T-bird over the cliff, just unamerican.

:P Let's try to be more sensitive in the new year, rent cars and cut the brake lines;)

yeah...each girl should have been in their own T-bird...

and for your sake Rodney..I hope no one in your area is cutting brake lines...uh er officer....er uh what do you mean lines were cut...errr...

Niel, if that where true I would have one:) I looked and looked, now I got that street Rod and wish I could have gotten a 57 vert. If it's ment for me it will come right? That will be the last car I ever get.:rolleyes:

I was watching an episode of twilight zone and Bill Shatner was driving a 1957 ford fairlane 500. Now if capt. Kirk can have a ford why O why can't I:confused:

I liked Janet Leigh's car in Psycho. Early in the film there's a scene where she goes to a used car dealer and trades her car in for the Ford. Does anyone know what she was driving?

I don't, by the way. I just figured somebody here knows the answer.

Another film with lots of old cars in it is "The Man Who Wasn't There," by the Coen brothers.

Darned if I remember.

I had a 57 Fairlane 4 door hardtop for a year or so back in the mid 60's. Beige with black rims and baby moons, with a 292 and a Fordomatic. I loved it. One weak spot in the 57s as I recall was the tendency for the original radiators to pop the seam across the top front. I loved the exhaust note of that Y-block, even at an idle. I like the converts, the hardtops, the post models, the wagons, just a great looking car.

Also Robert Mitchum's last ride in Thunder Road.

Anyone seen the Coen brothers more recent one A Serious Man? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Serious_Man I havent but I knew of one of the cars they used in production and ran into the prop guy at napa buying wiper arms for a falcon they were going to crash into another car. Later saw the falcon for sale at french lake auto parts.