OT seasonal treat OT

Plymouthy Adams

Put this on the truck page also....good snack...if you don't have the recipe and may be interested:

1lb of your favorite suasage

2 cups Bisquick

2 Cups favorite shredded cheese..

Break the sausage into smaller chunks and toss into mixing bowl, add two cups of Bisquick..knead this all together by hand, the moisture in the suasuage is all you need to make the dough..one this is blended, add your shredded cheese and continue to knead and folding this till it is well mixed. Pinch off small chunks and roll into balls..I make mine approx. 1 inch. Place on ungrreased cookie sheet and place in oven preheated to 350 degrees. Bake till they are just brown. My Method to check for proper cooking is to inspect the bottom of one..a good crispt golden brown bottom usually is enough. These are an excellent snack...let cool..place in bag or covered bowl, refrigerate/freeze...remove desired amount to snack on and reheat in the microwave..

Enjoy...

Sounds pretty good. I make sausage biscuits the easy way though. Pop a couple of ready made frozen drop biscuits in the toaster oven for about 10 minutes. Then I take two frozen ready made Jimmy Dean sausage patties out of the bag and pop those in the microwave for about 60 seconds. Butter the biscuits while warm, add the sausage patties and it makes a great snack, or breakfast. You can add cheese if you like, but I prefer no cheese.

moderation and exercise...you only have to make it to 2012...at the time this was calculated, my theory is that the entire collection of fingers and toes for the Myans in the area was 2012..yes this will account for either extra or lost digits due to genetics and accidents..

Have no idea what that picture is supposed to be that Don posted with the uncooked bacon wrapped around it is. But.......when it comes to chicken livers and gizzards, I will gladly give you my share of both.:D If those are pigs feet wrapped in the uncooked bacon you can have my share of those too, along with the uncooked bacon. Bacon is not cooked unless it's nice and crisp.

Have no idea what that picture is supposed to be that Don posted with the uncooked bacon wrapped around it is. But.......when it comes to chicken livers and gizzards' date=' I will gladly give you my share of both.:D If those are pigs feet wrapped in the uncooked bacon you can have my share of those too, along with the uncooked bacon. Bacon is not cooked unless it's nice and crisp.[/quote']

Norm;

It is apparent that you are way overdue for a dose of chicken livers wrapped in bacon. You do not know what you are missing.

Norm;

It is apparent that you are way overdue for a dose of chicken livers wrapped in bacon. You do not know what you are missing.

Oh, but I do know what I'm missing. My father and mother use to eat those garbage pieces of chicken all the time. I had one bite when I was a kid. That was enough to last me a lifetime.:D

Same goes for Ed's Soy sauce on hot dogs. There is only one place for soy sauce in my house. It's the garbage can. If food was meant to have the taste altered by sauces, it would have came that way.

hopefully Mrs. Norm does the cooking and I am sure with some sort of seasoning added and just puts it on the table..eat it or go hungry, Norm probably has no idea what he is eating and when...lol.....my brother swears he will not eat soy sause or garlic and yet the goes back for 3 or 4 helping of my rendition of bacon fried rice and garlic shrimp...

Norm if I put the soy sauce on before cooking doesn't that mean that it would come that way? What about ketchup on a hamburger?

Don't eat ketchup on anything, much less mess up a good hamburger with it. Don't like mustard or those special salad dressing on my hamburgers either. Only way to eat a hamburger is straight up, or with cheese on it and/or slice of raw onion, dill pickle, and sometimes a little lettuce and slice of tomato. Don't even think of messing up my french fries or onion rings with ketchup either. The only thing I will eat mustard on is a hot dog.

Don't know about today, but back in 1966/67 you'd be hard up to get ketchup on even a hamburger in a nice French restaurant in Paris. We tried that for another guys kids when we all went out to dinner one night. Ask for ketchup for his son's hamburger and the waiter brought back sliced tomato's.

hopefully Mrs. Norm does the cooking and I am sure with some sort of seasoning added and just puts it on the table..eat it or go hungry, Norm probably has no idea what he is eating and when...lol.....my brother swears he will not eat soy sause or garlic and yet the goes back for 3 or 4 helping of my rendition of bacon fried rice and garlic shrimp...

Wrong Tim. Wife knows I do not like that garbage called soy sauce. You won't find any of that in our kitchen cabinets or anywhere else in the house. Can't stand that stuff. Now, when it comes to rice, I will eat a little of that (if no soy sauce in it). But.........I wouldn't eat more than maybe a couple of spoons full of the rice at best. We won't go into why I will not eat that much rice on the forum. It's probably more than most folks want to know.:D:D

For an added crunch in the liver wrapped with bacon just add a slice of water chesnut. Or replace chicken liver with 1/2 jalapno pepper spread with philly cream cheese. Really warms things up.

How about this: get a package of ham slices, you know the danish square cut ones. Spread each slice with a mixture of philly cream cheese, chopped almonds and parsley. rollup and refrig for couple of hours. slice 1/2" thick and put on a ritz or wheat thin. Season the cream cheese with ranch dressing mix for added flavor.

Have no idea what that picture is supposed to be that Don posted with the uncooked bacon wrapped around it is. But.......when it comes to chicken livers and gizzards' date=' I will gladly give you my share of both.:D If those are pigs feet wrapped in the uncooked bacon you can have my share of those too, along with the uncooked bacon. Bacon is not cooked unless it's nice and crisp.[/quote']

I know people who eat that stuff, and claim it's delicious. But I just can't bring myself to try it. At our house, it just goes in the trash. So, I guess I don't know what I'm missing.:eek:

Folks,

The bacon-wrapped liver is know as 'Ramaki' (sp) in the finest culinary circles, and I have prepared them for many feasts such as wedding receptions. What tastes even better is fried pork fat, such as found around a good chop. Yum! Want to hear about other stuff that's delicious but I wont eat?

-Randy

Folks,

The bacon-wrapped liver is know as 'Ramaki' (sp) in the finest culinary circles, and I have prepared them for many feasts such as wedding receptions. What tastes even better is fried pork fat, such as found around a good chop. Yum! Want to hear about other stuff that's delicious but I wont eat?

-Randy

Fresh deep fried pork rhine's are good, right off the stove. Use to skin the skin off the head of the pig, cut in small slices, then deep fry. Now, those are good.