O/T Tire changer - OLD

brian hood

Does anyone know the brand of machine that this is? I bought it pretty cheap. I would love to have it working. The only controls I can find is the foot switches on the bottom. It does not work and I would like to see if I can find a listing for it on the net. There are NO markings or model numbers on it. Any help?

Brian

post-1827-13585352777191_thumb.jpg

post-1827-13585352777291_thumb.jpg

Doesn't look that old. It's got a lotta stuff on it that works pneumatically instead of with muscle like the one I started on. I would suspect coats also. Looks like a 20 20 with some of the outer sheetmetal missing.

926988982.jpg&usg=AFQjCNHSmfA2-_x0wcagtM0edD_96LmjnA

http://www.panzittaent.com/PDFs/COATS/TIRE_CHANGERS/PARTS_LISTS/20_20_AIR_FLATE.pdf

Edited by greg g

Thats the same tyre changer that is at my work place!

Dont know the brand name.

We've nicknamed it "The Arm Breaker"

Dont let that top bead breaker fly loose ,as they do if it jambs

against the tyre bead!

Ive seen one come off that centre spindle under pressure

and flip over and smack the rim pretty hard!

Hence "The Arm Breaker"

I've seen tire changers for sale at swap meets around here at various prices. But........to start with, they do take up a lot of room. Second, figured I didn't really need one. How many tires am I going to change in my lifetime. Not enough to warrant me carrying one of those home. My next door neighbor drug one of those home years ago. He didn't use it very much either, even with all three cars his kids had, plus the two he had.