ot MercCamino ot

aero3113

Looks good but to square in the rear . Other than that its a nice ute . Ford of Australia made them in the 50's just google Ford mainline utes. :P

..I can appreciate the effort that went into creating it,but I don't care for it.

lots of work represented here...the theme may not be to everyone's taste, and as a driver I don't consider this as being one by design...sad part is the fact the reserve price is low compared to manhours represented here...I wish the boy well but it may not transfer hands as the market is not good by any sense of the word. Depending on how much bondo/glass is in the mix..(frenched lights, protruded lights at rear and the mose job) will be the deciding factor for a road machine verse a show machine..heavy fillers in the wrong place is just a ticking bomb awaiting to explode someday..my advice to any potential buyer is to make a personal inspection...

Other than the roof is too flat, it's OK. I wouldn't buy it, or build it, but I've seen worse.

I look at these as works of art rather than transportation. Someone's interpretation of what might have been. The problem for us car guys is the we see a collision between an old Merc and a Chevy, not a "vision". Just parts.

I doubt any good cars were ruined, maybe two were saved from the shredder.

Vive la difference.

Truck still in primer, and he hasn't driven it hardy any at all, kinda seems like a forced sell, or at least what might be a desperate need to get the money put in it back, and that is a shame, as whoever put this together obviously wanted it bad enough to work their a$$ off. I am also fairly skeptical of marketability of not just this one, but most "concept" cars in general, although I did once see a ca 1950 Chevy truck that had a ca 1954 Olds front sheet metal installed that looked "normal" enough, and in fact was very well done. Thinking along that line I looked for, and located a 46 Nash coupe front clip to put on the front of a 48 Chevy PU, (which I have been told can be done without too much trouble), but upon carefull consideration I decided it was likely well and beyond my capabilities, or at the very least more work than I wanted to get in to. Bottom line, I would guess, is build it if you want it, and have the time, money and talent to put it together, and although there are clearly exceptions, don't be surprised if it doesn't have some great amount of monetary value when you are done. Joel

with the economy such as it is...that may be reason enough...there is a lot of time and money getting it close to final prep..if you do not do your own paint work...the exterior painting alone could well put this project way over the top for the owner if done nicely...then if done and the objective is yet to sell, his color choice may not be that of a perspective buyer thus selling now will net his return hopefully while yet making the final end product to be in the taste of the new owner..

that could very well be true also...lots of these custom classics have tradeoffs to achieve a certain look...most folks don't realize that for others it takes an extreme design or melting of parts to exercise their creative side...and as others have said, could be the blend of two cars that in and of themselves were not candiates to be built back to stock...