Rock Auto Not Sure About Monroe 5752 Shock

Bingster

I emailed Rock Auto and asked them if the Monroe 5752 shock was right for my '47 Desoto Custom sedan. They wrote back and said they didn't have a Monroe number for that year Desoto. They offered to call Monroe Monday.

I did actually call Monroe some months ago and asked them the same question. The guy didn't seem to have a listing for my Desoto.

Now I know that some of you have used the 5752 for your front shocks, and even on Desoto's like mine. But I cannot for the life of me find out why Kanter and Atlas and some others offer shocks for my Desoto and Monroe doesn't have a listing. Who makes the shocks for the other guys? They charge more I know that.

I guess I can always send in my old shock. But it seems to me that it would be the same shock as used on the same year Plymouths and Dodges. And as we all know, the '46, '47 and '48 Desoto's were basically the same.

It looks like monroe only goes back to 49 and for 49 they show the number

Monroe catalog

If you do a part # search rockauto has that shock. 5752 for 17.71. Rockauto is not good at knowing correct parts spend sometime looking at their at listing under vehicles and you find many errors. But they do have parts at good prices if you know what you need

Edited by oldmopar

Bingster, I have a Monroe shock dimensions chart. For the 5752, it says it is 8.625" compressed, and 12.75" extended. 4.125" travel. Loop fittings on both ends, with a 5/8" diameter bushing hole and 1 5/16" bushing depth. If you have your old shocks you should be able to take a few measurements and compare to the 5752.

Thanks for the info. I did measure my old shock cause Rock Auto had the measurements for the Monroe. It seemed right on. I looked at some old threads and everybody seems to agree that the 5752 is the right one for the front. I'll go with you guys on this!!