straight up wierd chop, ill let you form your own opinion

michael.warshaw

Mike, that car is one of the best chop jobs around, proportioned right and laid down perfect! the only flaw in the whole build is the chevy 350! if i had the money i would already have it. i fell in love with that car the first time i saw it. somewhere i have pictures of when he first started on it.

Sorry dezeldoc, but I didn't like it the first time it was posted a while back and don't like it any more now. Cars that are chopped and lowered look like squashed bugs. I like 'em stock. Surprise, surprise!

Thats why we all have different taste!:D

Dezeldoc, fully agree with you, nice chop, and the small block Chev is a dissappointment, but I'd live with it, the Packard grilles are getting a bit common...lol.......did you ever see that chopped pearl green 41 DeSoto Coupe that was in Hop Up a couple of yrs ago....it had a similar Packard grille treatment.......it ended up over here in Australia, nice car........anyway that Plymouth is a neat sled.........andyd

Dezeldoc, fully agree with you, nice chop, and the small block Chev is a dissappointment, but I'd live with it, the Packard grilles are getting a bit common...lol.......did you ever see that chopped pearl green 41 DeSoto Coupe that was in Hop Up a couple of yrs ago....it had a similar Packard grille treatment.......it ended up over here in Australia, nice car........anyway that Plymouth is a neat sled.........andyd

I saw that Andy, it was sweet! Most of the OLD guys unless they were into hot rods back in the day won't like it. I hope my 48 comes out as nice, i am modeling it after that one, but no chebby drive train, all mopar! 440/727 to be exact!

It looks really good and a metal working guru but why go to all that trouble and expense. I can see a mild chop,like Bud's and maybe altering things somewhat but gzeey whzeey what is it and why? These old beauties won't be around for ever and to butcher one to make something else just escapes me. I would like to get my truck closer to the ground just to make it easier to access but I think this is just a bit too much. Just my 2 cents.

It looks really good and a metal working guru but why go to all that trouble and expense. I can see a mild chop,like Bud's and maybe altering things somewhat but gzeey whzeey what is it and why? These old beauties won't be around for ever and to butcher one to make something else just escapes me. I would like to get my truck closer to the ground just to make it easier to access but I think this is just a bit too much. Just my 2 cents.

I have never understood why anyone would want to lower a car but that is just my opinion. The posted car is not for everyone but it is for someone and that is all that matters.

As the new guy on the block, I'll just say for what it is worth I see alot of great metal work but I like the gals the way they came. I think they are great lookers by themselves they don't need help. OK, no fancy accessories, but I like them the way they are.

By the way I thnk I gave the bug to my father now. :P It is contagious...

I can appreciate the amount of work that went into that car. But, I think that these cars were beautiful just the way they were designed. Chopping, lowering, etc. might personalize the car to the owner's liking, but I don't consider all those modifications an actual improvement to the original styling.:eek:

What makes this a great hobby, is everyone has their own opinion of what they like and do not like. It is better to see one "butchered" than have it go to the crusher, or sit in a field to where there is not much remaining. While ATVing, I found 4 Plymouths, late 40s, with no way to get them out of the valley. I am trying to keep one of my 38s as original as possible. The other 38, and other 2 37s, who knows, thinking 1 rat, 1 custom, and 1 replica dirt tracker.

Bob, Retirement-I need a job to get some rest.

I really like the car. I like them chopped and lowered just because it looks good to me. There is a thread on HAMB that shows them chopping a 50 Wayfarer. I have a 52 Wayfarer I am thinking about chopping. It is already lowered 3" front and 4" in back.

I also like them stock. I think if you have a car you should finish it like you want, or don't finish it all. Customs and hot rods have been around about as long as they have been building cars. If your car makes you happy, I am happy for you.

Bob

I guess if you wanted a Packard, you should just buy a Packard. But I'm thiking the the tall vertical grill and the gunslit windows don't go. A finished paint job may help a lot. I like if from some angles and not so much from others. The car has been posted on the HAMB alot. I thought it might have been further toward completement along than it is.

Ok here is one for ya and it is a members car, anyone know who?

Oh yeah! This is a neat car, and he drives the wheels off it too. Rumor has it, he just got hitched. Earlier this year he took it from the east coast to Austin Texas for a little shindig. Here's his motor. Pyramid power!

I recall seeing that blue chop at the 2008 Grand Nationals in Pomona, had less primer on it then. I like the chop but was never a fan of those Packard grilles, even on Packards.

post-64-13585352503708_thumb.jpg

post-64-13585352504139_thumb.jpg