Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Young Ed

Ahh yes, mincemeat pie... mmmmm good. So is pecan pie, apple pie, peach pie, pumpkin pie, cherry pie, blueberry pie, rhubarb pie, lemon meringue pie, banana cream pie, peanut butter pie, ...

Never had raisin pie. Tim has me intrigued. I love raisins.

Merle

"Ditto"

I have had an Adams baked rasin pie and it was yummy.

I used to think mincemeat was actually meat. As a kid, I wouldn't even go near it and couldn't imagine why anyone would put it in a pie. And what kind of meat was it, I wondered. All I could think of was squirrels. But now that I'm an adult and I know better . . . I still won't go near it.

I heard that mince is now an endangered speces.

The pumpkin pies just came out of the oven, the specially seasoned Fresh Ham (yea I know, but you get white meat, dark meat and only one bone to deal with, and they baste themselves) the stuffed roasted beets will go in an hour before the meat comes out. Potaotes are being peeled as we speak. Dressing is ready to go in also. And the shrimp is ready for the barby.

Count your blessings, and if you find any extra spread them to your friends neighbors.

Hey everyone forgot Shoo Fly Pie. Now that I do NOT share... 1 pie for me and nother for the rest. Just out of the oven now. Now for the hard part not being allowed to eat it NOW!:P

Weather is clearing up so while waiting, and not eating the pie, time to go outside and play...

A day with the kids, the car and family coming shortly. All good.

Everyone, have a happy Thanksgiving Day. We are very blessed, friends family and food, too.

As Greg said; Count your blessings, and if you find any extra spread them to your friends neighbors. You know, we all have extras, even if its a smile and a good wish.

Let the eating begin!

Hey everyone forgot Shoo Fly Pie. Now that I do NOT share... 1 pie for me and nother for the rest. Just out of the oven now. Now for the hard part not being allowed to eat it NOW!:

Never had Shoo Fly pie. How many flies do you have to shoo into it before it's full enough to bake? :D Is that where mince meat comes from? :eek:

Merle

Breakfast of Shoo Fly and Pumpkin pies.:) The flys try to get to Shoo Fly pie. Don't worry I'll make up for your loss. Actaully already did:p Of coarse to get pie pieces I was volunteered to go shopping at oh dark hundred. So not sure if it was worth it...

After shopping was out working (playing) on the old gal.

• 4 years later...

Tomorrow is the big day. 

BAD Parrot

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse  vocabulary.

Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of to 'clean up' the bird's vocabulary.
Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even more rude. John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer.

For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed.
Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute.

Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out
onto John's outstretched arms and said 
"I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. 
I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do
everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."
John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude.

As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior,
the bird spoke-up, very softly, "May I ask what the turkey did?"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING  EVERYONE!
  • Like 1

That's pretty good Don.

Its sweet potato pie for me with whipped cream on top.

Right now I'm on a boat headed out into the gulf of Mexico, wont be home till dec 9. Then the missus and I will be headed to the sequoia forest in calif for 5 days then stopping at the grand Canyon on the way back to Houston. Its our 10th anniversary and that's where we went for our honeymoon. So she wanted to go back.. 

I wont get a lot of car time this time home, maybe a couple days but she's worth it.

Got the brakes done, bought ready to put the engine back in.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Life is good and Im glad I got into this forum.

Dagnabbit!  You'uns do this every year, get me all hungry the day before Thanksgiving, and all I have at my desk is a container of Greek yogurt!  Oh, well.  Happy Thanksgiving to all, and hoping everyone has things to be thankful for, no matter what that may be.  I'll be delivering meals for the local DAV chapter in the morning, first time in over 30 years that its just the missus and me, so I figured we'd contribute to an extended family before we sit down to our Thanksgiving dinner.

• Like 2