memorabilla

Jim Clark

My wife "Millie" made this quilt about old cars and route 66 for me to keep in my old car. It turned out to so nice I think I will hang it on the wall in my computer room. There are several actual pictures of my old 48 on it. Most of the ads I downloaded from Frankie 47's post 'Have a nice navy day". Thanks Frankie. I was able to download them at high enough resolution that one can actually read the ads on the quilt. Millie is a retired educator and spends lots of her time quilting. Don't know when we had time to work. Thanks to all of you. I really enjoy browsing the forum.Jim

post-2150-1358535238902_thumb.jpg

post-2150-13585352389481_thumb.jpg

post-2150-13585352389861_thumb.jpg

post-2150-13585352390272_thumb.jpg

post-2150-13585352390653_thumb.jpg

My wife "Millie" made this quilt about old cars and route 66 for me to keep in my old car. It turned out to so nice I think I will hang it on the wall in my computer room. There are several actual pictures of my old 48 on it. Most of the ads I downloaded from Frankie 47's post 'Have a nice navy day". Thanks Frankie. I was able to download them at high enough resolution that one can actually read the ads on the quilt. Millie is a retired educator and spends lots of her time quilting. Don't know when we had time to work. Thanks to all of you. I really enjoy browsing the forum.Jim

That looks wonderful, never dreamed that would happen! Did you have the photos transferred at a custom t-shirt shop or is this some thing you can do at home:)?

That looks wonderful, never dreamed that would happen! Did you have the photos transferred at a custom t-shirt shop or is this some thing you can do at home:)?

I don't know what method his wife used. But........you can transfer pictures onto any cloth you want at home (as long as the cloth is one that can be ironed). Just pick up a package of "Iron On Transfer" paper at the office supply store. Then either scan or take a picture of what you want on the cloth into your computer. Print it off onto your "Iron On Transfer" paper. Then simply lay that picture onto the cloth and iron over it to transfer the picture. Instructions on how to transfer the picture is included with the package of "Iron On Transfer" paper. So.......you can do it at home this way. I've done a few T-shirts myself that way.

Very sweet of your wife to contribute to your hobby that way. Sounds like you have a keeper!

If you live in a cool climate you could keep that quilt handy on the rear seat, so your passengers can snuggle up while you all tour the Christmas decorations around your town in that beautiful car.

• 1 month later...

It's not that much. Wanna say like 7 bucks for a 3 pack or something like that. Picked up a few sheets at a rummage sale for like 50 cents. Wal-mart, Michael's, Ben Franklin, etc. will have 'em. There is another method (probably more durable). I think you send the image files to a company and they print its right on the fabric (saw it at a camera specialty store). It felt soft and flexible, not waxy like the iron-ons do. Whatchya' thinking of making?

I like the quilt idea very much, my wife sews, so I will ask her what her thoughts are. She is still working, while I am retired and working parttime during the winter with the town as wingman on the plows. She tells me that I have too much time on my hands and not to be thinking so much.........:):):)

I just smile and keep my mouth shut